PDA

View Full Version : Newport RI Bike Shops carrying SKS Fenders?

BobbyJones
07-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Hi All.

In Newport RI and found out the new SKS fender breakaway clips really do break away! (Whew!)

Does anyone from the area have a lead on nearby shops that MAY carry such an item? Would like to avoid the phone calls if some one local has knowledge.

Thanks!

William
07-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Hi All.

In Newport RI and found out the new SKS fender breakaway clips really do break away! (Whew!)

Does anyone from the area have a lead on nearby shops that MAY carry such an item? Would like to avoid the phone calls if some one local has knowledge.

Thanks!

I'll check with my guys in the morning.

William

Peter P.
07-03-2011, 05:52 AM
Are you talking about this:

http://asset2.rivbike.com/images/products/thumbs/0000/3164/27-009a-thumb.jpg?1243620149

How many do you need? I've couple at least two extras.

PM me if you want 'em, free of charge.

William
07-03-2011, 09:47 AM
My guys don't have them in stock but can have them by Tues or Wed.

Sorry.

William

BobbyJones
07-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Thanks Guys.

William- I'll be back on the road, looks like zip ties 'til then. It also occurred to me that no one is going to be open Sun / Mon anyway, but thanks for checking.

Peter- That's it. I'll PM you later. So much easier than dealing with the LBS when I get home.

bike22
07-03-2011, 03:08 PM
the fender stays just fit into the plastic breakaway clip with a friction fit, so unless the plastic clip shattered or something, you can just push the stay firmly back into the clip. you might feel a click as it seats into place.

BobbyJones
07-03-2011, 09:10 PM
BREAK-away.

It's broke :-)

the fender stays just fit into the plastic breakaway clip with a friction fit, so unless the plastic clip shattered or something, you can just push the stay firmly back into the clip. you might feel a click as it seats into place.

wasfast
07-03-2011, 09:34 PM
If you're going to replace the set, get some Planet Bike Cascadia's. I went through a set a winter of the SKS until I bought the Planet Bike. 3 years on and working fine, about the same price too.