PDA

View Full Version : 1" threadless forks

pavel
07-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Can anyone recommend some brands to check out for 1" threadless forks?

This will be on my commuter so it is not critical that I have a super high end crab0n fork; in fact, the cheaper the better.

I see kinesis forks on ebay for around $100 - is this a good deal? What about steel forks?

Fixed
07-01-2011, 05:02 PM
http://store.somafab.com/sothfo1.html

cheers

pavel
07-01-2011, 05:18 PM
not a whole lot of 1" choices there...

AngryScientist
07-01-2011, 05:24 PM
i just picked up a nice winwood, carbon blades, alu steerer, very nice...

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af153/aero_dynamic8/DSCN1103.jpg

godfrey1112000
07-01-2011, 05:26 PM
I have used the Easton Sl 90 l", there are several out their for under $200

It is a great piece of equipment

Pete Serotta
07-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Has one inch. :D

Pete

Kane
07-01-2011, 06:05 PM
:butt:
Rymthes with nap and begins with CR!
Bad Ride and not straight when new.

Jeff N.
07-01-2011, 06:20 PM
The SEROTTA 1" forks are outstanding, but ahh...rather pricey. If you can find a Ritchey one incher, they're pretty nice for not a whole lot of money. The Kestrel EMS one incher is my all time favorite, but they're no longer made, and when they're found in uncut condition, go for a pretty penny (less, if they've been cut). There's still a few Reynolds Ouzo Pros out there in one inch trim, but they're almost always cut. If you can find any of these in your desired length, go for 'em. In my case, I require a fork steerer tube that's in excess of 300mm in length...tough to find a nice used fork that hasn't been cut. Jeff N.

pavel
07-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Has one inch. :D

Pete

that would be wonderful, if they weren't so expensive... Student loan repayments killing me!

Also, I think the easton EC 90 is a bit too modern techno looking to go on my colorado tg ;)

Thanks for the kestrel recommendation - watching one on ebay now.

CNY rider
07-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Try Nashbar too.
I have one of theirs on my commuter. No complaints here.

Pete Serotta
07-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Are. The best riding and hamdling of. All I have reidden. Whatever forls Parlee uses worked well for me on RTR ....... Pete

The SEROTTA 1" forks are outstanding, but ahh...rather pricey. If you can find a Ritchey one incher, they're pretty nice for not a whole lot of money. The Kestrel EMS one incher is my all time favorite, but they're no longer made, and when they're found in uncut condition, go for a pretty penny (less, if they've been cut). There's still a few Reynolds Ouzo Pros out there in one inch trim, but they're almost always cut. If you can find any of these in your desired length, go for 'em. Jeff N.

Kontact
07-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Parlee uses Edge/Enve forks, which are not available in 1".

Serotta, Wound Up, Winwood and Ritchey Comps all make somewhat light 1" forks. Nashbar and Performance sell heavyish but serviceable carbon 1" forks, too. On Ebay you can pick up Kinesis 1" forks that seem to be the same as Nashbar sells, and about the same price. That's all I've been able to find while equipping several '90s era frames.

My inclination is to either go all the way with a Serotta, or go to the $160, 450g Ritchey and admit that you are a cheapskate. Ritchey is not a perfect company, but they have a lot of product out there and are good about issuing recalls when they discover a problem.

I am not a fan of used carbon forks, unless they have been barely ridden. One hears too many stories about people repairing loose dropouts and "passing the fork along".

bozman
07-01-2011, 11:02 PM
The SEROTTA 1" forks are outstanding, but ahh...rather pricey. If you can find a Ritchey one incher, they're pretty nice for not a whole lot of money. The Kestrel EMS one incher is my all time favorite, but they're no longer made, and when they're found in uncut condition, go for a pretty penny (less, if they've been cut). There's still a few Reynolds Ouzo Pros out there in one inch trim, but they're almost always cut. If you can find any of these in your desired length, go for 'em. Jeff N.

+1 on the Ritchey. I updated my 13 yr old Lemond last year with a Ritchey carbon fork. Pretty nice and not terribly expensive.

hainy
07-02-2011, 12:20 AM
wound up, just a great fork