PDA

View Full Version : Have they gone INSANE?

BumbleBeeDave
06-30-2011, 08:23 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/photo-gallery-the-tour-de-france-team-presentation

Seems totally over the top to me. BTW, pics prove Cav has no neck and Levi loos just like the Great Gazoo! :D

BBD

jeo99
06-30-2011, 09:11 PM
Dave,
I do not think it's over the top at all. Contador is not a well liked guy globally! In-fact I work with several Spanish people and they share the same opinion. It is not just the drug issue, it his attitude, how he races, and above all, per the French, his lack of respect for the "Maillot jaune".

:beer:

Louis
06-30-2011, 09:13 PM
What would they have done if it had been LA?

rustychain
06-30-2011, 09:17 PM
I think they spit at Lance during a TDFarce
Contador has been found and confirmed to be violation of doping rules for a drug that has zero tolerance. This is not in question. Being allowed to race in any race is BS. Other racers have been given two year bans for the same thing. He damand to be treated differently then everyone else, thumbing his nose at the whole thing. Cheering on such a scam degrades our sport. Shame on the Spanish cycling federation and the UCI. At some point the truth will come out about the cheating going on. Record books will have to be reprinted or just tossed in the trash

BumbleBeeDave
06-30-2011, 09:19 PM
I didn't mean people booing Contador. I can understand that. It was just the whole bullring roman coliseum thing that had me laughing. Especially having Cadel and BMC ride in on that old jalopy . . . :eek:

BBD

jeo99
06-30-2011, 09:26 PM
It was just the whole bullring roman coliseum thing that had me laughing. Especially having Cadel and BMC ride in on that old jalopy . . . :eek:

BBD

Yep hilarious!

rustychain
06-30-2011, 09:34 PM
That parts kinda sad. Reminds me of pro wrestling

bozman
06-30-2011, 11:38 PM

agreed. stupid.

CaptStash
07-01-2011, 12:41 AM
I didn't mean people booing Contador. I can understand that. It was just the whole bullring roman coliseum thing that had me laughing. Especially having Cadel and BMC ride in on that old jalopy . . . :eek:

BBD

That was no jalopy. I think it was a Model T truck.

CaptStash....

CPP
07-01-2011, 03:53 AM
What's not to like about the way Contador races? The surprise attack in the closing kilometer in the Giro stage showed balls and his attacks in the other mountain stages were impressive. He re-paid a loyal ex gregario by giving him a hand for a stage win. Nice gesture!

That said, I agree that last years Tour was too touchy/feely between him and Schleck. But otherwise......

The doping decision, that's another issue altogether!

xjoex
07-01-2011, 08:45 AM
Eh, they were having fun. Its no more goofy than the opening ceremony of the olympics.

-Joe

johnnymossville
07-01-2011, 08:50 AM
It looked like a lot of fun. I especially liked Thor's Hammer.

drewski
07-01-2011, 09:57 AM
Where were the vestial virgins? I mean for god's sakes it looks like a bad Mel
Brooks movie. "Oh piss boy...."

merlincustom1
07-01-2011, 11:43 AM
[QUOTE=rustychain]
Contador has been found and confirmed to be violation of doping rules for a drug that has zero tolerance. This is not in question. [unquote]

Uh, it's exactly the opposite. He was found not guilty by the Spanish Federation, which lead to the appeal by WADA and the UCI.

MattTuck
07-01-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm waiting for a team to make a music video "tour de france shuffle".

I'm still pretty much against wearing full kits when not on the bike. So I find these pictures to be awkward at best.

Over the top? nah, just having fun.

if you want over the top, you'd have jens voigt on a wire zooming around the stadium like super man... (and like that chinese guy in the chinese opening ceremony for the olympics)...

on second thought, maybe I should go to work for the ASO.

brook_63
07-01-2011, 12:12 PM
not wanting to race down the backside of the Giro...

all the while he should not be racing anyway..

grrrrrrrr contisnore, will cheers for anyone else but him!

rustychain
07-01-2011, 01:36 PM
[QUOTE=rustychain]
Contador has been found and confirmed to be violation of doping rules for a drug that has zero tolerance. This is not in question. [unquote]

Uh, it's exactly the opposite. He was found not guilty by the Spanish Federation, which lead to the appeal by WADA and the UCI.
He was found and confirmed to have banned substances in his blog stream. The rules are clear that zero tolerance is allowed. The Spanish Cycling Federation ignored international standards and regulation in a nationalistic attempt to subvert the rules of our sport. Spain has a long tradition of tolerance for this. The fact of Contadors case are not in dispute. Spanish authorities are attempting to change the rules after the fact. I find this to be reprehensible and will turn our sport into an even bigger joke if such corruption is allowed to stand. I suspect his Giro win will be short lived and any results from the TDF as well. The whole peloton must race knowing this. Race winners will be decided in the courts. I think that sucks.

woolly
07-01-2011, 01:42 PM

Or some Superbowl halftime shows.

Fixed
07-01-2011, 01:51 PM
tailgate
cheers

dbh
07-01-2011, 02:41 PM
I thought only us Americans could pull off something as grotesque as that. Makes me feel better about our hideous domestic sports spectacles.

1happygirl
07-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Have they gone INSANE?
BBD

Yes. Stupid, even for me and I like showy spectacle. They need to generate interest to the areas that are not interested in cycling and away from the doping association with cycling, like trying to grow cycling in the us.

This will not do it.