PDA

View Full Version : Campy 11 speed chain on 10 speed group?

alias320
06-30-2011, 08:06 PM
So I will be juggling some parts around on my bikes. The jist is that I will be putting 10 speed campy on a bike that currently has 11 speed. I really would hate to break the chain since campy is very particular about installation. Also, the chain that is on there is pretty new. My question is can I just leave the chain on there and install the parts around it and the use the 11 speed chain with 10 speed? I've done some searching online, but have come up with inconclusive results and wonder if anyone here has tried this. Thanks in advance!

aoe
06-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Yep, works fine but not the other way around.

oldpotatoe
07-01-2011, 07:25 AM
So I will be juggling some parts around on my bikes. The jist is that I will be putting 10 speed campy on a bike that currently has 11 speed. I really would hate to break the chain since campy is very particular about installation. Also, the chain that is on there is pretty new. My question is can I just leave the chain on there and install the parts around it and the use the 11 speed chain with 10 speed? I've done some searching online, but have come up with inconclusive results and wonder if anyone here has tried this. Thanks in advance!

11s chain won't shift 10s well. I have IRD and Wipperman links for 11s and 10s that work really well.