PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Finding Silver Bits

aoe
06-30-2011, 01:28 PM
Starting a new build on a speedvagen and want to keep a classic look with silver handlebars and stem...i'm tiring of the carbon look. Outside of ritchey classic, nitto, and a thomson stem any others I should look at?

Ideally its modern materials/weight and classic shape...i.e. a 3T Team Rotundo and Team Stem in silver....

Any ideas?

Rueda Tropical
06-30-2011, 03:07 PM
Tune has a stem available in silver as well as many other anodized colors. Grand Bois in Japan has some silver stems and bars. Velo-Orange and Origin-8 have some Chinese made silver stems and bars. Try Soma fab as well.

tuscanyswe
06-30-2011, 03:12 PM
I find there to be a limited selection of silver stems and posts that look good and still has a pretty low weight. One can always go titanium. Its usually pretty lightweight and its silver when polished. Downside its expensive.

aoe
06-30-2011, 03:18 PM
I find there to be a limited selection of silver stems and posts that look good and still has a pretty low weight. One can always go titanium. Its usually pretty lightweight and its silver when polished. Downside its expensive.

Thanks, I'll research these...I was actually looking at ti as well but have only found the brushed/gray finish.

aoe
06-30-2011, 03:19 PM
Tune has a stem available in silver as well as many other anodized colors. Grand Bois in Japan has some silver stems and bars. Velo-Orange and Origin-8 have some Chinese made silver stems and bars. Try Soma fab as well.

Thanks for the tip...looking into these now.

binxnyrwarrsoul
06-30-2011, 03:24 PM
Deda makes a polished, mirror-like finish, alloy kit, I just sold some of it to a fellow forumite. And prices for it are relatively reasonable. and, it's pretty light.
Bars, Deda Speciale, classic bend, and nice overall bar.
Stem, Deda Quattro, 4 bolt, small rise.
Post, Deda Magic Stick, single bolt.

aoe
06-30-2011, 03:38 PM
thanks, binx...i saw the speciale somewhere that listed it at 400 grams but now just saw it was around 310. not to sound like a ww but 400 grams sounded heavy to me.

it may be the deda combo for me, thanks!

aoe
06-30-2011, 05:14 PM
went with deda zero 100 silver stem and deda newton classic bend bars in silver. both have a matte silver/gunmetal type of finish vs polished. a bit of a premium over the quattro and speciale but i think a nice compromise.

Thanks guys

bart998
06-30-2011, 08:48 PM
Velo Orange has a lot of modern but traditional looking bits...