PDA

View Full Version : Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL

amg
06-27-2005, 08:00 PM
Thoughts? Opinions? Has anyone tried the new carbon version of this wheel? If not, what could you tell me about the previous AL version?

Thanks,

Antonio :beer:

LegendRider
06-27-2005, 08:48 PM
The 2005 model remains an aluminum rim with a carbon fairing - it's about 100 grams lighter than previous versions. Apparently the 2006 version will be all carbon AND much more pricey.

EdK
06-27-2005, 10:22 PM
1) 2005 Cosmic Carbone SL best race wheels out there for flat and rolling terain, bomb proof! try 'em before you dis 'em. Clinchers a great, Sew ups superb!
2) If you like Zipps great buy em
3) If you like wheels built by some dude that is the best wheel builder since the begining of time great buy em
4) If you like some other (insert wheel name) with the fervor of a religious zealot buy em
5) If you want great race wheels that won't break, stay true, turn any POS aluminum frame into something special and are just plain fast (see number 1) Flame away!

Bobbo
06-28-2005, 09:41 AM
1) 2005 Cosmic Carbone SL best race wheels out there for flat and rolling terain, bomb proof! try 'em before you dis 'em. Clinchers a great, Sew ups superb!
2) If you like Zipps great buy em
3) If you like wheels built by some dude that is the best wheel builder since the begining of time great buy em
4) If you like some other (insert wheel name) with the fervor of a religious zealot buy em
5) If you want great race wheels that won't break, stay true, turn any POS aluminum frame into something special and are just plain fast (see number 1) Flame away!

hee, hee. Great answer.

amg
06-28-2005, 12:13 PM
EdK,

I guess I must have missed the last thread on this subject and I didn't do a search prior to posting this thread, my bad. I like the Mavic Carbones, I always have. I was just looking to get some ride impressions and thoughts on this wheelset as I have never tried them myself.

Antonio

jerk
06-28-2005, 12:16 PM
2nd best wheelset around....
jerk

zap
06-28-2005, 03:44 PM
What jerk said.