PDA

View Full Version : Chris King hubs for Campagnolo

dd74
06-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Called Chris King the other day, asked what I can do with my CK hubs and Campy. "Nothing. It won't work. Period."

The good news is in about a year, CK will have Campy-compatible hubs.

In the mean time, adapters weren't brought up as an option.

So, I guess those who ride Campy, but love Chris King hubs will have to wait a while. :crap:

firerescuefin
06-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Been quite a few threads on this. On CK's own FAQs (on their site)...they recommend adapter cassettes for Shimano hubs to run Campy.

We'll probably see time travel before a Campy compatible hub...(I'll believe it when I see it)

zetroc
06-30-2011, 11:25 AM
Hooray! Good thing my Record hubs have at least a year left in them. :beer:

dd74
06-30-2011, 11:28 AM
You know, I haven't looked at their FAQ lately. I don't recall anything about adapters. So there is a recommendation for Chris King hubs to run Campy, or just every hub that is Shimano compatible to run Campy?

Been quite a few threads on this. On CK's own FAQs (on their site)...they recommend adapter cassettes for Shimano hubs to run Campy.

We'll probably see time travel before a Campy compatible hub...(I'll believe it when I see it)

firerescuefin
06-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Eric (Ergott) has a great post explaining this in greater detail.

http://chrisking.com/tech/tech_FAQ

Compatibility Questions:
Are Chris King hubs Campagnolo 8, 9, or 10 speed compatible?
Answer: Our hubs are not Campagnolo compatible - they are designed with Shimano compatible driveshells. Though we don't endorse it, we've had good luck with the following:

For 8spd: Some companies make spacers that allow Shimano cogs to be used set to Campagnolo spacing. With this set up you should also use a Shimano chain.

For 9spd: Chris set his 9spd Campagnolo record bike up using 9spd Shimano Dura-Ace cogs and chain and it's been working flawlessly. There are also campy spaced spacers available to retrofit Shimano 9spd cogs.

For 10spd: Wheels manufacturing has released a campy compatible 10spd cogset made from a Shimano Ultegra 10spd stack. We are concerned that the cogs ride too close to the drive side spokes. If you try this or use this, please let us know of your experiences. We will post results here as soon as we have them. We are not sure that it will work with our hubs.

If you want to try one of these methods as a possible solution, please test run it first (e.g., try a friends' Shimano wheel) and make sure it works to your standards! We'd rather have all of you Campagnolo users happy and riding someone else's hub than disappointed that you are on ours.

shankldu
06-30-2011, 11:35 AM
they make shimano compatible freehub internal with campy gears as addapters im pretty sure this is all yu need as king hubs have shimano freehubs

UOTE=dd74]Called Chris King the other day, asked what I can do with my CK hubs and Campy. "Nothing. It won't work. Period."

The good news is in about a year, CK will have Campy-compatible hubs.

In the mean time, adapters weren't brought up as an option.

So, I guess those who ride Campy, but love Chris King hubs will have to wait a while. :crap:[/QUOTE]

dd74
06-30-2011, 11:35 AM
Thanks. Now having read the FAQ, I think the reason adapters weren't mentioned has partially to do with the fact I have 11.

Lovetoclimb
06-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Why not just use the amazing Campy hubs. They are quieter, look just as good (better imo), and work flawlessly with Campagnolo drivetrains. They also seem to be completely rebuildable, as I know several people who have been riding the same hubs for 10 years now.

firerescuefin
06-30-2011, 11:58 AM
Why not just use the amazing Campy hubs. They are quieter, look just as good (better imo), and work flawlessly with Campagnolo drivetrains. They also seem to be completely rebuildable, as I know several people who have been riding the same hubs for 10 years now.

What do they say about matters of taste? :cool:

If they build it (CK Campy Hub) ...I will come. :)

dd74
06-30-2011, 12:03 PM
Personally, I like how loud the CK hubs are. I equate them almost to being a safety feature.

dd74
06-30-2011, 12:05 PM
they make shimano compatible freehub internal with campy gears as addapters im pretty sure this is all yu need as king hubs have shimano freehubs
Who are some of the manufacturers of these adapters?

Thx.