PDA

View Full Version : Holland Cycles (Bill Holland, not John Hollands) website is finally up

bumknees
06-29-2011, 09:58 AM
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link, but there are a lot of nice pics and info on the site

Also, I'm not affiliated with Holland Cycles, aside from being a customer

gomango
06-29-2011, 10:08 AM
John or Bill's?

bumknees
06-29-2011, 10:12 AM
Bill's -- I'll amend the title of the thread. Hasn't John "retired" from framebuilding?

JBone
06-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Wow, really, Bill finally decided to create a site. One of the best guys to work with. Here's an interview I found on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inAaJrDEQoc

soulspinner
06-29-2011, 10:46 AM
At 3000 for a butted ti frame from a guy whose that good suddenly seems like a bargain with escalating prices.

fourflys
06-29-2011, 11:30 AM
well, I'm glad someone was able to get Holland's attention... (the interview)

I tired to talk to him at the San Diego show a couple years ago and decided the way he treated me as a potential customer meant I will never have a Holland... I patiently stood by for a solid 10-15 minutes waiting to talk with him while he talked with someone else about anything but bikes... and without even an acknowledgement that I was even there waiting to talk with him... I'm sure his frames are great, but there were PLENTY of other builders who were considerate...

Jeff N.
06-29-2011, 01:44 PM
well, I'm glad someone was able to get Holland's attention... (the interview)

I tired to talk to him at the San Diego show a couple years ago and decided the way he treated me as a potential customer meant I will never have a Holland... I patiently stood by for a solid 10-15 minutes waiting to talk with him while he talked with someone else about anything but bikes... and without even an acknowledgement that I was even there waiting to talk with him... I'm sure his frames are great, but there were PLENTY of other builders who were considerate...I'm sorry that's the impression you walked away with because Bill Holland is really one of the nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure of doing business with, bike frames or otherwise. Next time pull on his shirt tails or bump into him, or something, to get his attention. At those shows, I'm sure he's accosted by everyone who passes by, given his reputation. Same with Joe Bell. Jeff N.

bumknees
06-29-2011, 01:48 PM
Ditto on what Jeff N. said. I haven't met Bill in person, but I've peppered him with far too many phone calls and emails, and he (and the rest of his crew, for that matter) has always been friendly and professional to me.

fourflys
06-29-2011, 02:17 PM
well, everyone's experiences are different I guess... I just know there are way too many other builders to worry about trying to court one that appeared too busy BSing with a buddy to talk to a potential customer... BTW- it was early in the day at the show and wasn't that busy...

just sayin'....

BTW- as an aside, Eric at Winter and Paul at Rock Lobster were totally the opposite and a pleasure to talk to... I'd buy a bike from them in a heartbeat...

Ken Robb
06-29-2011, 03:17 PM
well, everyone's experiences are different I guess... I just know there are way too many other builders to worry about trying to court one that appeared too busy BSing with a buddy to talk to a potential customer... BTW- it was early in the day at the show and wasn't that busy...

just sayin'....

BTW- as an aside, Eric at Winter and Paul at Rock Lobster were totally the opposite and a pleasure to talk to... I'd buy a bike from them in a heartbeat...

I can be a pleasure to talk to but you probably don't want to buy a frame I built. :) :banana:

GuyGadois
06-29-2011, 04:51 PM
I have had nothing but good things to say about Bill. Not only is he a super good guy and spent lots of time on e-mail swith me but his work is awesome. I went to the website but it doesn't have anything about frame building, just the bike store.

GG

Ken Robb
06-29-2011, 04:53 PM
I have had nothing but good things to say about Bill. Not only is he a super good guy and spent lots of time on e-mail swith me but his work is awesome. I went to the website but it doesn't have anything about frame building, just the bike store.

GG

Bill has no relationship with Holland's Bikes in Coronado, CA.

old_fat_and_slow
06-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Can somebody post the link, please. After doing a Yahoo search, all I get is Holland's bike shop in Coronado, CA.

sashae
06-29-2011, 07:01 PM
Bill's -- I'll amend the title of the thread. Hasn't John "retired" from framebuilding?

John Hollands (Reisterstown, MD) is apparently building again, but has no web presence. I spoke to a few folks that know him and said that he takes orders by mail/phone.

Bud_E
06-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Can somebody post the link, please. After doing a Yahoo search, all I get is Holland's bike shop in Coronado, CA.

http://www.hollandcycles.com/

jghall
06-29-2011, 08:17 PM
About time..................glad Bill finally decided to do it.

I'll agree with the majority here, and say is one of the great guys in the industry.

Btw, not sure if it is still available, but have someone I know who is selling his Exogrid. - 57cm tt and 17.5 head if I remember correctly

gomango
06-29-2011, 09:09 PM
John Hollands (Reisterstown, MD) is apparently building again, but has no web presence. I spoke to a few folks that know him and said that he takes orders by mail/phone.

Good to know.

I love the John Hollands frame set I purchased from you.

I am going to call him about a touring frameset before he decides to retire.

aaronf
06-29-2011, 09:28 PM
I have to agree with the super nice and easy to work with sentiment.
He built me a fantastic fillet brazed Ultra Foco frame a few years ago and we did everything over the phone and with faxes. It's the only bike I regret selling.
I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone looking for a fabulous frame.
Aaron

nachoman
06-29-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm trying to get by Bill's soon to borrow one of his exogrids to see if I want to upgrade from my basic titanium holland. I'll have to tell him that I like his new website.

metalheart
06-29-2011, 11:03 PM
I have been in the process of selecting a builder for a Ti frame since last January or so. In that process I have talked to many custom builders who, to a person, were gracious, helpful, and willing to give of their time in responding to my various questions. In the end, I selected Bill Holland to build the frame and I have recently had the pleasure of working with him in person. Bill is among the best I have had the pleasure of working with: he is a true gentleman, he spent all the time needed to ensure the details are right, and he expressed a commitment to making the frame the best it can be. He is a professional and I am glad that his builder's juju is going into my bike!

nachoman
07-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Saw him today and told him. I also picked up an exogrid loaner, just to check out to see if I want to upgrade.

beer_meister
07-02-2011, 11:28 AM

beer_meister
07-02-2011, 11:28 AM
.. sorry double no message post

nachoman
07-04-2011, 07:38 PM
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/8854/img4237r.jpg
By nachomanh (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/nachomanh) at 2011-07-02
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9448/img4240pg.jpg
By nachomanh (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/nachomanh) at 2011-07-02