PDA

View Full Version : Sunday cyclocross ride

Bruce K
06-27-2011, 08:12 PM
reminded me why I love my cross bike. It's just so much fun on so many levels.

Our LBS hosted a cyclocross randonee ride yesterday. 41 miles of pavement, dirt road, fire roads, trails, etc. Even a little mud thrown in. 16 riders in on the fun.

Add the 28 miles to get to the shop and back (also on some dirt, etc.) made for a great day.

Now I'm getting the itch for cross season to arrive. First race is 8/21.

BK

fourflys
06-27-2011, 10:05 PM
awesome! I love getting out on the cross bike! but, you know we need pics!

Dan Le foot
06-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Hi Bruce and fourflys.
Here are some yesterday pics from Island Park, ID. on our new Kish ti cross bikes. About 20 miles south of West Yellowstone. I can see why the Kirks moved to this part of the Country.
We don't race but use the cross bikes to explore the many miles of improved dirt roads that we couldn't do with our road bikes. And when we want to road bike we simply replace the tires. Best bike investment we have made.
If I could only have one bike it would be a cross.
Dan

fourflys
06-28-2011, 09:03 AM
awesome Dan, thanks!

azrider
06-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Hi Bruce and fourflys.
Here are some yesterday pics from Island Park, ID. on our new Kish ti cross bikes. About 20 miles south of West Yellowstone. I can see why the Kirks moved to this part of the Country.
We don't race but use the cross bikes to explore the many miles of improved dirt roads that we couldn't do with our road bikes. And when we want to road bike we simply replace the tires. Best bike investment we have made.
If I could only have one bike it would be a cross.
Dan

Wait......somethings a bit off. She is wearing arm warmers and knee warmers and you said you did this ride yesterday, June 27th? That can't be right, can it? It was 117* here in Phoenix and she got to wear arm warmers??? Getting angry...... :crap:

cool pix

fourflys
06-28-2011, 11:57 AM
I see lots of snow on those peaks... I think I'd take Phoenix 9 months outta the year over Montana/Idaho though... I say that having lived in both Alaska and Astoria, OR, both are beautiful for two months in summer but pretty much suck the rest of the year as it relates to riding...

BTW- I'm sure there is a reason Dan lives in San Diego... :D

Dan Le foot
06-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Wait......somethings a bit off. She is wearing arm warmers and knee warmers and you said you did this ride yesterday, June 27th? That can't be right, can it? It was 117* here in Phoenix and she got to wear arm warmers??? Getting angry...... :crap:

cool pix
Don't get angry, azrider, get in the car and come up to Idaho. Our next door neighbors (motorhome) are from Mesa and they are here for a month.
Than again I bet you don't have mosquitos that bite through your lychra shorts.
BTW. It snowed here a week ago.