PDA

View Full Version : OT Women's World Cup Soccer

firerescuefin
06-26-2011, 11:42 AM
I am a soccer snob (Can't watch MLS) and typically don't enjoy watching women's sports other than Tennis...nothing against women's sports :)

While my little guy has been napping, watched Nigeria/France and Germany/Canada (playing right now)...great play...rivetting...worth watching :beer:

Chris
06-26-2011, 11:58 AM
I coach both of my daughters' teams. I'm with you. Tennis and soccer about all I can watch in women's sports.

witcombusa
06-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Tennis and soccer about all I can watch in women's sports.

Try adding womens Natl CX to that short list! :beer:

wc1934
06-26-2011, 09:16 PM
I love soccer - I have always enjoyed watching women's world cup (72,000 in attendance today - must be doing something right). However, I can not watch MLS - there doesn't seem to be any rhythm to their play.

ultraman6970
06-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Wow did not know about this one.

My favs in each group...

Germany, England or New Zealand are going to classify, USA or Sweden in the next group, Brazil should do it easily.

TO win the cup??? USA could win this one if Sweden does stupid things.

ThasFACE
06-28-2011, 11:22 AM
I generally have a very hard time watching women's sports, but I'm not minding the world cup so far. One thing I'm really appreciating is the relative lack of flopping going on. I watched every match of the men's world cup last year (every.minute) and the amount of acting was brutal; haven't gotten that with the ladies yet. It's a very nice change of pace.

djg
06-28-2011, 11:38 AM
I coach both of my daughters' teams. I'm with you. Tennis and soccer about all I can watch in women's sports.

Just coach my son's team (his twin sister plays at the same time and their side is fully staffed for coaching anyway). Seems to me that the womens' games have made huge technical strides in both soccer and tennis that have made them more interesting to watch -- soccer in maybe just the last 5 years; tennis going back further.

I like watching women's ski racing too -- WC, olympics, etc. -- when it's on. And sometimes women's track, although I'm not a very knowledgeable nor avid track watcher.