PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Cervelo Super Prodigy?

cs124
06-27-2005, 06:27 AM
So, looking for something to fill the gap between now and when the dream bike comes and I spy one of these in my size, NOS, for not many bucks. I check the archives and see that the jerk gives it the thumbs up and that Big Dan kinda liked his but thought it was a little flexy.

My question is, have any of you smaller folks ridden one, and what did you think of it? I weigh 140ish and ride a 50 or 51 so I don't imagine I'll have trouble with flex. I'm more interested in how the thing handles fast turns and rolling terrain.

Thanks for any feedback, and cheers.

Big Dan
06-27-2005, 07:13 AM
C, I'm 195 and found the flex coming mainly from the 1 inch full carbon Columbus Muscle fork.
It felt much better when I installed an Alpha Q....
Would still recommend at a good price..I sold frame, muscle fork, headset, ultegra bb and Cervelo brakes for around $585 on ebay....

Good luck...

Fixed
06-27-2005, 08:29 AM
I think you will love it.Modern steel good co.

inGobwetrust
06-27-2005, 01:00 PM
I've got one and love it. Like Dan, I find the Muscle fork to be well, not too muscular. With a stiffer fork it would be a truly race-worthy steed. I'm about 175 though so you might be fine with the fork as it is. Mines a 54 and rides about the same as many more expensive frames I've ridden and is very light as well. The only negative for me is that it's a little squirrely on fast descents but it turns on a dime and would probably make a great stage race bike.