PDA

View Full Version : Capo or De Marchi?

rice rocket
06-25-2011, 01:02 PM
Any experiences with either brand? Shoppin' some winter cycling bib tights while they're still on sale....any experiences with the Capo "Limited Edition Roubaix Bib Tight" or the De Marchi "Contour Plus TiX Bib Tight"?

The De Marchi seems to be one step down from their top end one, the Capo...isn't really listed on their site? Haha. But it's priced around the same as the De Marchi (~260 retail).

Thanks.

dsimon
06-25-2011, 02:12 PM
I have 2 pairs of De marchi's and really enjoy them and they have the cyfac shammy same as Assos I need new bibs as well and was looking at the capos and Nalini with compression. Dont Know what ill get.

Hank Scorpio
06-25-2011, 03:29 PM
I bought the Demarchi Contour EVO bib short and the pad split after only a few rides. I contacted them and they responded and since then nothing. I am sure I just got a defective pair but they still won't honor their warranty. Before they split they seemed like a quality short made of nice materials. Sizing seemed to run a bit small but probably average for Euro sizing.

I also have had the Capo Peloton bib short and the Limited edition bib short. I really liked the peloton short and pad until I crashed them and they were destroyed. The Limiteds have a different pad that has a seam in the middle. Why would anyone make a short with a seam in the middle of the pad is beyond me. They are still comfortable with good muscle compression. I bought the Roubaix knicker off of Dept. of Goods. Didn't get a chance to wear them yet but the pad is not the same as the limited's no seam on mine. Sizing seems a bit off across the board. I had the xl's in the pelotons but felt like I could have used an L. The limiteds I have in an XXL and they are a little bigger than I would like. I also bought the roubaix knicker in XXL and they are tighter than crap. It is almost like they didn't take the fleece insulation into account when sizing the fabric. I would make sure you can try them on first or order multiple sizes.

thinpin
06-25-2011, 03:50 PM
We all have our favourites but I found the giordana bibs much better than the de Marchi. The chamois is more comfortable.

SoCalSteve
06-25-2011, 06:27 PM
The 2009 version of the DeMarchi Contour Evo had the problem with the chamois splitting. They fixed that for 2010 and 2011.

I fluctuate between Capo and DeMarchi. Both are excellent!

Good luck.

PS: keep on the distributor to replace the split ones. Its a known issue and they are very aware of it. A couple phone calls and I bet they send you a new pair...gratis.