PDA

View Full Version : Happy Father's Day

rugbysecondrow
06-19-2011, 08:18 AM
Slept in, breakfast made for me, kids made drawings, my wife got me an All-Clad pan, and the first thing my 4 year old daughter said was, "Daddy, can we watch Star Wars this morning, the one in the snow (Empire Strikes Back)?" I might even get a ride in today. :)

Life is good. Happy Father's Day gents!

firerescuefin
06-19-2011, 08:25 AM
Slept in, breakfast made for me, kids made drawings, my wife got me an All-Clad pan, and the first thing my 4 year old daughter said was, "Daddy, can we watch Star Wars this morning, the one in the snow (Empire Strikes Back)?" I might even get a ride in today. :)

Life is good. Happy Father's Day gents!

Hey Brother,

Happy father's day! Sounds like a great day you have planned. :beer: Being a dad is certainly the best thing I have ever been a part of. Everything else truly pales by comparison.

Was speaking to my 3 year old this morning on the phone....

Wife- "Tell daddy he's the best Daddy in the world."

Logan- "Daddy you the fastest Daddy in the room." :cool:

AngryScientist
06-19-2011, 09:03 AM
mmm, hmm, first father's day for me!

good times, just ate some delicious pancakes, and playing with the new watch, i've had my eye on for years. i'll ride this afternoon for sure.

life is good!

rwsaunders
06-19-2011, 09:14 AM
It's the best responsibility that one can have. Enjoy the day, gents...they grow up too quickly.

biker72
06-19-2011, 09:22 AM
Two new pairs of shoes, an early morning bike ride and a family get together this afternoon. Doesn’t get much better than this.

Now if something can be done about these 100+ degree temp. days..... :)

Ray
06-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Happy Dad's Day to all of you dads. I've been chronologically downsized to a consulting role in the Dad game - my kids both being out of the house and on their own - they still ask advice and such, but its on their terms now, as it should be. But it was and remains the best job I ever had. I'll talk to our west coast daughter today and probably see our local one for dinner, but to all of you who still have 'em under the same roof, enjoy the time. Because its cliche but its true - it freakin' flies!

-Ray

bigflax925
06-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Happy father's day to all!

Got in a quick ride this morning before the day's festivities begin.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/bigflax925/676b6933.jpg

Steve in SLO
06-19-2011, 12:16 PM
My present is to take the family on a 1 night, 5 mile round trip first 'backpacking' trip. I am keeping it short in case of moping.

giverdada
06-19-2011, 12:25 PM
happy fathers day to all those out there.

i'd like to mention and thank my dad for the fact that he's the one who got me into bikes in the first place. of course every kid started out on a bmx and ripped up the neighborhood before moving on to a car or something, but i started on a bmx and moved on to a mountain bike and then a road bike and now one of each and then some. thanks dad.

the six year old made soggy cereal for her, her little sister, and my (still sleeping) self. then i made french toast for all of us when i finally got my act together. eventually, we all got out for a ride in the park. it's a beautiful day, here in toronto.

nick.

William
06-19-2011, 05:54 PM
Had a wonderful day with my family. Breakfast, watched my daughter in a play, lunch, and romping at the park.

The day started on a sad note, we discovered that our son's Guinea pig passed away during the night. Sad morning. Still there but we had a great day together to talk about it and try to take our minds off of the situation.

William

Idris Icabod
06-19-2011, 08:42 PM
My 2 year old gave me an Omega watch this morning but I suspect Mommy had something to do with it, either that or they are handing out credit cards like idiots to minors. My kids then took me to the zoo to feed the giraffes and then for ice cream. We had a swim after afternoon naps and I just got back from Chipotle where they are treating all Dad's to a free burrito. All in all a pretty awesome day, but then again every day usually is when I spend it with my all my girls.

tuxbailey
06-19-2011, 08:46 PM
I went for a morning ride and then ate dim sum with my family :) Pretty good day and I didn't get any rain even though the sky looked threatening.