PDA

View Full Version : AAAAHHHH...Riding!

sirroada
06-16-2011, 05:23 PM
My wife and kids went out of town for the weekend. Kind of a bummer on fathers day but her folks live a long ways away and I couldn't get off work. So what do I do...I pumped up the tires on my Legend and headed out on the road for 40 blissful miles of riding. I haven't been able to get that kind of distance in for a long time because with three kids at home you just cant get away for that kind of time.
I really challenged myself today with three 2 mile 6% gradiant climbs (for you mountain guys and gals that is a lot for us midwestern flatlanders), rode lots of ups and downs and had a blast. I forgot how much fun it is just to get away on the bike for an afternoon of riding. The sun was shining, the trees and grass were green, there was a nice breeze and it was in the mid-seventies. What a perfect day. :)

vqdriver
06-16-2011, 05:27 PM
excellent.

sometimes the best gift is time.

ultraman6970
06-16-2011, 05:36 PM
4 ny B-day, sent the 2 kids to day care, waited until 2 pm and i head out like for 60 miles.

jr59
06-16-2011, 05:53 PM
I find that riding just for fun is a great way to clear my mind.

No set distance, speed or route. Just me and my bike, spinning the miles away.

Frankwurst
06-16-2011, 05:59 PM
Mrs. Wurst told me today that she has to work all day saturday. She knows how I'll spend my day. Riding, drinking beer and completing the build on her bike. It'll be a stone cold groove. :beer:

Frankwurst
06-16-2011, 06:01 PM
I find that riding just for fun is a great way to clear my mind.

No set distance, speed or route. Just me and my bike, spinning the miles away.

And I might say to me that's what it's all about. :beer:

Black Dog
06-16-2011, 08:52 PM
My wife asked what I would like for Father's Day. My response: 4 Hours of guilt free time on the bike. With 2 young kids that is a real gift.

cdn_bacon
06-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Awesome news... and great as a last minute gift :D