PDA

View Full Version : Persons Race # 77 saddle

jgspin
06-15-2011, 11:56 PM
I have just acquired a Persons Race #77 saddle. I've never used a saddle like this before. It has an adjustment bolt at the nose to stretch or loosen the leather saddle. Does anybody use this saddle or one similar to it? Any tips on dialing it in to fit comfortably would be appreciated. It's about a pound heavier than the other saddles I've liked such as the SMP Evolution and Selle Italia Flite so it needs be really comfy.

Chousen One
06-16-2011, 12:02 AM
that's pretty standard on Brooks style saddles. Is your saddle new? You should consider treating the underside with a leather saddle care product like proofide if it hasn't been treated already. If it's new, I've always found saddles like that to be rather uncomfortable until they break in and fit the contours of you ass in riding position. pause

Louis
06-16-2011, 12:59 AM
As mentioned above, that's the standard leather saddle tensioning system.

You'll find more info at the Wallingford Bike site FAQ here (http://www.wallbike.com/faq)

Bill Laine (Wallingford owner) is a good guy and can probably answer any of your questions that are not answered on the forum.

jgspin
06-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the link. My friend used it for about 3 months before I got it yesterday. It is shorter and wider in the back than my other saddles and a bit more slippery. Rode on it today and adjusted the angles and the fore/aft position; so much easier to do with the Thompson seat post. Though there is less of the saddle fore and aft where it is comfortable for me versus the other ones it is more comfortable in that area.

I have also found that I can pedal uphill not quite out of the saddle but barely touching with a running type of pedaling which I could never do with other saddles. It's almost like doing a leg press but faster; not quite spinning and not mashing almost like a combination of the two. Is 500 miles / 10 rides enough riding to see if it is comfortable?

dave thompson
06-16-2011, 03:04 PM
You usually know if a saddle is good or not within the first 100 miles or so.