PDA

View Full Version : Peter Sagan

firerescuefin
06-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Anyone else notice how good this guy is at such a young age. This guy is a stud....climb, sprint, descend...he can do it all. Huge talent!

Ryun
06-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Yep, he is winning all over the place. Liquigas does a nice job with younger talent: spotting it and bringing them up at the right place.

Pretty sure he skipped the tour last year. It will be interesting to see if he rides it this year. Anyone heard?

tele
06-14-2011, 06:23 PM
just watched the VS Tour de Suisse coverage and I am pretty sure they said his goal for the entire year was this race. I dont know if they are bringing him along slowly but didnt he win at least 1 or 2 stages at Cali earlier?

Ryun
06-14-2011, 06:29 PM
1 stage at atoc this year, two last year.

This kid may be all Edvald Boasson Hagen was supposed to be but hasnt delivered on quite yet

don compton
06-14-2011, 07:31 PM
Anyone else notice how good this guy is at such a young age. This guy is a stud....climb, sprint, descend...he can do it all. Huge talent!
He has multiple skills like Bernard Hinault and Greg Lemond. Now, if he can just improve without all the injuries.
Don C.

Fixed
06-14-2011, 09:27 PM
he is very strong
cheers

jgspin
06-14-2011, 10:14 PM
My friends saw him a couple of weeks ago when he was here in San Diego. They said he looked like a teenager.

don compton
06-14-2011, 10:31 PM
A couple of weeks ago I rode on a Rabobank promo ride in the Lodi area of California. I had a chance to spend some time with Hennie Kuiper. FYI, Hennie won both Paris-Roubaix and Alpe Duez, and many other races including Milano-San Remo. Peter Sagan has this kind of talent. He has the mind of Merckx and the many other greats. Yesterday he stayed with the lead group over the last climb letting Cunego get ahead knowing it was no sweat for him to catch Cunego and just patiently waited to beat him in the end. Like I said before, if this guy can stay healthy, he may be the next "Merckx".
Don C.

soulspinner
06-15-2011, 05:17 AM
A couple of weeks ago I rode on a Rabobank promo ride in the Lodi area of California. I had a chance to spend some time with Hennie Kuiper. FYI, Hennie won both Paris-Roubaix and Alpe Duez, and many other races including Milano-San Remo. Peter Sagan has this kind of talent. He has the mind of Merckx and the many other greats. Yesterday he stayed with the lead group over the last climb letting Cunego get ahead knowing it was no sweat for him to catch Cunego and just patiently waited to beat him in the end. Like I said before, if this guy can stay healthy, he may be the next "Merckx".
Don C.

It was no sweat because he sat on as Cunego had to ride hard to take yellow. I only saw him take one pull. He is a heck of a rocket though.

victoryfactory
06-15-2011, 07:03 AM
It was no sweat because he sat on as Cunego had to ride hard to take yellow. I only saw him take one pull. He is a heck of a rocket though.

Yep, in this race both his tactics and execution were perfect.
But first he needed the legs, which he also had.
Although he didn't look totally comfortable on that descent.

great stuff

soulspinner
06-15-2011, 07:05 AM
Yep, in this race both his tactics and execution were perfect.
But first he needed the legs, which he also had.
Although he didn't look totally comfortable on that descent.

great stuff

I noticed a couple times he turned in a little too much at speed and I thought he might come off, he sure played it right in the end....

thegunner
06-15-2011, 08:01 AM
I noticed a couple times he turned in a little too much at speed and I thought he might come off, he sure played it right in the end....

he has so much speed he doesn't even know how to harness it ;)

i may have a new favorite rider to cheer for. at least we're pretty sure he isn't doping through the gills!

FlashUNC
06-15-2011, 08:39 AM
His time trial performance in the prologue was pretty outstanding too. Any time within spitting distance of Spartacus is something to be proud of.

torquer
06-15-2011, 08:44 AM
Yep, he is winning all over the place. Liquigas does a nice job with younger talent: spotting it and bringing them up at the right place.

Pretty sure he skipped the tour last year. It will be interesting to see if he rides it this year. Anyone heard?
I think it was during the ToC that I heard a criticism of Liquigas for overracing Sagan early last year, to his detriment later in the season.
Tough call for team management: immediate results versus long-term rider development. Maybe Liquigas figures they've got the depth, and rider contracts rarely run more than three years, so they might as well burn this match while they can.

echappist
06-16-2011, 08:17 AM
would love to see him race the Lombardia and the Ardenne Classics next year.

Nibbles is apparently leaving Liquigas, so i guess an old Basso and a young Sagan will be the main draws.

witcombusa
06-16-2011, 08:38 AM
Must be eating out of the "white lunch bag" :crap: