PDA

View Full Version : Bicyclebuys.com

norcalbiker
06-13-2011, 05:03 PM
Anyone here have any experienced or bought anything from this internet sellers? "BICYCLEBUYS.COM"

What are your experience with them? Please share if you can. Good and bad.

TIA

PaulE
06-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Bought a pedal wrench from them a few years ago. During checkout I thought I clicked on "NJ" in the state dropdown box for my address, but hit "NY" by accident. Less than a half hour later they called me to verify my address and correct it as the zip code didn't match the state. So my experience with them was good.

WickedWheels
06-13-2011, 10:41 PM
This is a local Long Island shop called "Cycle Fast" in Huntington Station. They used to be called "Frenchie's, but change their name after changing to a new location (apparently they had a rough reputation). They have an in-house bike brand called "Bike Hard". I tried it once, but found it difficult to get into the drops.

schwa86
06-14-2011, 12:26 PM
I only tried to buy from them once; I paste below the email I sent after not receiving items for some period of time and calling to try to figure out what was going on...

<snip>
I just spoke to you by phone -- I take it back -- I did receive the email below (an order receipt from day order was placed). There is nothing in this email that suggests that any of the parts are out of stock, nor did I receive any subsequent notification. It has been nine days since placing the order. As I said on the phone, please cancel the order. For what it is worth, I'd change my business practices. There are lots of places to purchase parts from.
<end snip>

They were unhelpful and unapologetic -- at a minimum given my experience I'd order by phone not web...