PDA

View Full Version : Two former pro cyclists walk into a bar...

LegendRider
06-13-2011, 08:17 AM
http://outside-blog.away.com/blog/2011/06/lance-armstrong-and-tyler-hamilton-walk-into-a-bar.html

redir
06-13-2011, 08:25 AM
For some reason several months ago I started getting Outside Magazine delivered to my address. I have no idea why. I never ordered it. It's like junk mail but it does have some interesting articles once in a while.

hurdlingreggie
06-13-2011, 08:29 AM
For some reason several months ago I started getting Outside Magazine delivered to my address. I have no idea why. I never ordered it. It's like junk mail but it does have some interesting articles once in a while.

If you recently placed a Nashbar order, that's why. The same thing happened to me. And it was especially nice when they finally sent a bill for it. Outside Magazine and Nashbar both got a call for that one. I recommend cancelling it asap (unless you enjoy it!).

LegendRider
06-13-2011, 08:47 AM
If you recently placed a Nashbar order, that's why. The same thing happened to me. And it was especially nice when they finally sent a bill for it. Outside Magazine and Nashbar both got a call for that one. I recommend cancelling it asap (unless you enjoy it!).

Outside typically has a lot of fluff, but they also generally have one article per issue that's worthwhile. Krakauer, Cahill, etc. are really good writers. I still cancelled my subscription however...

William
06-13-2011, 08:57 AM
"Hamilton went back to his table and the restaurant’s owner, Jodi Larner, a good friend of Armstrong’s, told Hamilton that he could finish his meal but wasn’t welcome back at the restaurant."

:rolleyes: :bike:

W.

dawgie
06-13-2011, 09:07 AM

Watch your credit card statements! The same thing happened to me and then I noticed a $35 renewal charge on my credit card bill one month. I called and told them to cancel the subscription and refund the money. The took the payment off my account but kept sending the magazine, and then billed me again for a renewal a year later. I called again and finally got the subscription canceled completely.

GregL
06-13-2011, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the head's up on the Outside mag subscription. I placed a Nashbar order in April. Now I know why I received Outside mag in May and June. Time to call them up and halt this BS.

-Greg

Scott Shire
06-13-2011, 10:31 AM
I don't know if LA doped, and don't much care at this point, but TH's lame attempts to sell a book that nobody would have thought of buying before the 60 Minutes story are beyond transparent. Snitches get stitches.

I only use amex gift cards at Nashbar these days. Place is WAY to loose with info.

schwa86
06-13-2011, 12:07 PM
+1 on heads up -- couldn't figure out why I was receiving either...

rice rocket
06-13-2011, 12:36 PM
Blog journalism is the worst.

Actually no, what CNN does now on Headline News is even worse (lets sit around and discuss what "might" have happened instead of going to find the facts). Jon Stewart has a field day with them almost daily now.

Kevan
06-13-2011, 01:23 PM
If what happened did, I think it pretty slimmy that the restaurant owner did what she did. Join the fray!

redir
06-13-2011, 01:36 PM
Geesh thanks for the heads up on the Magazine. I ordered a fork from Nashbar like 8 months ago.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Back on topic, I look forward to when Lance et al are no longer even a topic of discussion. It's yesterday's snow at this point IMHO.

InspectorGadget
06-13-2011, 01:41 PM
Flagpole after school. :fight:

William
06-13-2011, 01:53 PM
Flagpole after school. :fight:

"OH YEAH!?!? WELL, ALL MY LAWYERS ARE BIGGER THEN YOUR LAWYER!!!" :p

W. ;)

firerescuefin
06-13-2011, 02:34 PM
Snitches get stitches.

Did you come up with that on your own? Actually, Lance and his mafia probably use that phrase.

Dekonick
06-13-2011, 03:01 PM
If true, LA is a bigger piece of $h!t than I thought... There are enough reports about his (lack of) interpersonal skills that no matter what you say there has to be some truth to it... He is a bully... One day his trash talk will be with the wrong person and they will take him to the flag pole... at 3 o'clock high... (great movie if you haven't seen it...)

Lifelover
06-13-2011, 03:28 PM
Flagpole after school.

For another Pro cyclist fight!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2183/2289890947_cbb325d400_o.gif

Child Please!

san
06-13-2011, 04:01 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2BQKWbmkbvE/TDey-XEigRI/AAAAAAAAAho/j5c19nkXrFw/s1600/bettiniphoto_0056389_1_full_600.jpg
BAM!

rice rocket
06-13-2011, 04:33 PM
^^ How did he acquire an extra wheel just before the fight broke out?

Dekonick
06-13-2011, 04:35 PM
For another cyclist fight!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2183/2289890947_cbb325d400_o.gif

Child Please!

Hahaha! Yeah, most cyclists aren't going to instill fear in others... wouldn't want to tangle with William or Paul though...

Lifelover
06-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Hahaha! Yeah, most cyclists aren't going to instill fear in others... wouldn't want to tangle with William or Paul though...
Agreed! I added the word "Pro"

Hawker
06-13-2011, 09:42 PM
Would like to have been a fly on the wall...or the stall.

BumbleBeeDave
06-13-2011, 09:50 PM
I don't know if LA doped, and don't much care at this point, but TH's lame attempts to sell a book that nobody would have thought of buying before the 60 Minutes story are beyond transparent. Snitches get stitches.

I only use amex gift cards at Nashbar these days. Place is WAY to loose with info.

. . . to anywhere that says anything about Hamilton's alleged book besides what has been promulgated by Lance's lawyers in their attempts to portray TH as an agenda driven liar?

Did the 60 Minutes piece mention anything about Hamilton's alleged book to be released? (I didn't see the whole 60 Minutes piece.)

The really sad thing about this described event is that based on past reports of LA's behavior, I have no problem believing that Lance would behave in the way described. It's fully consistent with his chasing down Simeoni, stiff-arming the poor schmuck in the yellow & black devil costume at the ToC, berating Paul Kimmage at the ToC press conference, etc.

Armstrong gives every evidence through his public displays of being, underneath it all, nothing more than an egotistical, arrogant bully. That's what really sad about this incident--it's so easy to believe Lance behaved this way.

BBD

Lifelover
06-13-2011, 10:03 PM
. . . to anywhere that says anything about Hamilton's alleged book besides what has been promulgated by Lance's lawyers in their attempts to portray TH as an agenda driven liar?

Did the 60 Minutes piece mention anything about Hamilton's alleged book to be released? (I didn't see the whole 60 Minutes piece.)

The really sad thing about this described event is that based on past reports of LA's behavior, I have no problem believing that Lance would behave in the way described. It's fully consistent with his chasing down Simeoni, stiff-arming the poor schmuck in the yellow & black devil costume at the ToC, berating Paul Kimmage at the ToC press conference, etc.

Armstrong gives every evidence through his public displays of being, underneath it all, nothing more than an egotistical, arrogant bully. That's what really sad about this incident--it's so easy to believe Lance behaved this way.

BBD

It's easy to believe what makes us feel better about ourselves.

Believing and being are not the same thing.

BumbleBeeDave
06-13-2011, 10:06 PM

. . . does this have to do with what I just posted? :confused:

BBD

Dekonick
06-13-2011, 10:30 PM

Seems like you may be the one in denial... Do you honestly believe LA is a gentleman and scholar? WAY too many reports to the contrary for me to support him. Hell of a cyclist. No doubt. Still doesn't exclude him from being an A$$hole bully. He might only have one ball, but he sure swings it around like a mace.

Lifelover
06-14-2011, 05:19 AM
Seems like you may be the one in denial... Do you honestly believe LA is a gentleman and scholar? WAY too many reports to the contrary for me to support him. Hell of a cyclist. No doubt. Still doesn't exclude him from being an A$$hole bully. He might only have one ball, but he sure swings it around like a mace.

Outside of his cycling, I don't think you will find anything I have written that condones or condemns his actions. I have no strong opinions of him as a business man, a friend, a father, a husband or a person.

I have no strong opinions in these regards because I have no knowledge.

ATMO, there is an agenda behind feeling so strongly against (or for) someone that you have no first, second or even third hand knowledge of.

The recent thread about Simeoni was a good example. The only fact that came from that discussion was that neither I or the people arguing against LA had a clue what really happened.

Each his own, maybe the hate is productive.

BumbleBeeDave
06-14-2011, 05:42 AM
Outside of his cycling, I don't think you will find anything I have written that condones or condemns his actions. I have no strong opinions of him as a business man, a friend, a father, a husband or a person.

ATMO, there is an agenda behind feeling so strongly against (or for) someone that you have no first, second or even third hand knowledge of.

The recent thread about Simeoni was a good example. The only fact that came from that discussion was that neither I or the people arguing against LA had a clue what really happened.

. . . No. Experience? Yes.

Just before I started second grade we moved from Little Rock to Chicago. I was the strange new kid with the hillbilly accent and was bullied mercilessly. My parents gave me the "turn the other cheek bullsh*t and did nothing.

I have a special spot inside for bullies and it ain't a soft one. Lance has publicly exhibited almost all the classic psychological signs of a bully. He is a great athlete and champion cyclist. He is also a classic bully with all the personal issues that go with such. I still admire his athletic ability and was as proud as anyone when he won his first TdF. But once he began getting out in public and displaying this behavior he lost me. He has continued to exhibit the behavior and, if anything, gotten more brazen as the years have passed.

Now, LL, what experience do YOU have with bullies? Come on, let's hear it.

BBD

indyrider
06-14-2011, 07:19 AM
I have a special spot inside for bullies and it ain't a soft one. Lance has publicly exhibited almost all the classic psychological signs of a bully.

Now, LL, what experience do YOU have with bullies? Come on, let's hear it.

BBD

As a psych nurse, I will corroborate BBD's analysis that LA exhibits these classic bullying signs. Anyone with half a brain and absolutely no psych experience could tell that given just a couple of examples of LA's behavior.

Now for LL, it appears that you are exhibiting classic denial behavior which anyone can see except for the person experiencing the symptoms. OR you are just LA shill and will never admit to his a$$holeness even WHEN LA is convicted.

LegendRider
06-14-2011, 07:42 AM

We all have plenty of second-hand knowledge about Lance - that's the point. From the multiple accounts of people who were in a position to know, we've have a consistent picture being painted.

JMerring
06-14-2011, 07:52 AM

There is a wealth of information out there if you are inclined to inform yourself. One other thing - 'agenda' is lance-speak and an attempt to obfuscate.