PDA

View Full Version : Assos sizing...

oldguy00
06-23-2005, 10:40 AM
Still looking for clothes...:)
I notice with assos clothing I seem to be able to fit easily into a size large bib short, but with the jerseys, the sizing seems to be made for someone suffering from anorexia?! I am about 6ft, 175, and wear a 42 suit jacket. I tried on an XL size long sleeve jersey, and the sleeves were too long, and the chest was too tight. So I'd need to go to a XXL(TIR?), the sleeves would be waay too long, and the jersey would probably go down far enough to cover my ***....
Whats up with that??!

kidamaro
06-23-2005, 11:20 AM
A friend who loves ASSOS told me that they fit lousy until you get into a cycling position, arms extended forward, and then they fit perfect. next time you try them on, try extending your arms forward and see if it makes a difference.

oldguy00
06-24-2005, 05:55 AM
Do any of you wear the XXL size (42-43 chest according to their chart)?
I'm thinking this chest measurement is right for me, but wondering if the arms are gonna be way too long and if the jersey is gonna be way down over my butt?? :confused:
Again , I'm about 5'10

keno
06-24-2005, 06:10 AM
Assos has XL and XLG. I find their nomenclature confusing. I wear their XL bib shorts (6', 183), which are sized by height. None of their tops fit me worth a damn, so I don't buy them. When I tried to see if anything would fit, I found that there was a big difference between the XL and the XLG, particularly in the chest.

keno

Marron
06-24-2005, 09:53 AM
Still looking for clothes...:)
I notice with assos clothing I seem to be able to fit easily into a size large bib short, but with the jerseys, the sizing seems to be made for someone suffering from anorexia?! I am about 6ft, 175, and wear a 42 suit jacket. I tried on an XL size long sleeve jersey, and the sleeves were too long, and the chest was too tight. So I'd need to go to a XXL(TIR?), the sleeves would be waay too long, and the jersey would probably go down far enough to cover my ***....
Whats up with that??!

I'm 6'2" 160# with 36" arms, 40L in suits. I"m not anorexic, but I'm no mesomorph either. The XL jerseys fit me perfectly so I suspect you may have some issues with their fit. It is true that the cut is designed accomodate "the position", but the sleeves are in fact on the long side. That works for a skinny ape like me and is one of the reasons I'm willing to pay their outrageous prices. Fortunately the stuff is very well made and lasts indefinitely.

oldguy00
06-24-2005, 11:06 AM
Assos has XL and XLG. I find their nomenclature confusing. I wear their XL bib shorts (6', 183), which are sized by height. None of their tops fit me worth a damn, so I don't buy them. When I tried to see if anything would fit, I found that there was a big difference between the XL and the XLG, particularly in the chest.

keno

Keno,
Did you find that the XLG was much longer than the XL, in terms of how far below your waist it went?
thanks

beungood
06-24-2005, 04:23 PM
Is it better to go by height or weight when buying Assos shorts. According to height I would be a M, but waist wise I am a large? Im 5'8
" 180 lbs give or take 10 at any time. I have a 34 waist.

Jack

SoCalSteve
06-24-2005, 05:33 PM
I am 6' 5" about 220-240 depending on the catering company of the movie I am working on at any given time...

TIR or XXXL works perfect for me, bibs, jerseys, etc...

For what thats worth...Probably nothing.

Steve

ClutchCargo
06-24-2005, 06:58 PM
Is it better to go by height or weight when buying Assos shorts. According to height I would be a M, but waist wise I am a large? Im 5'8

Jack
beunman ... I think ya gotta go by both, and even then you might not find a good fit (see this thread!). I'm 5'9" and 155 (150 or a bit less in the summer with more riding) and I wear a size large Assos shorts (they fit fine). Mediums would be pretty snug, I think! who knows, though? sometimes I think there's no European riders who weigh more than 150 lbs!

I find the Euro sizing to be all over the map. I wear medium De Marchi shorts, but Large for Etxe Ondo (great shorts, btw), whose sizes are definitely based on those 120 pound Basque climbers. I think the Castelli website featured one of the CSC pros who wore size large shorts but took a small in their jersey. the Assos sizing system simply takes size chart idiosyncracy to new heights!

good luck!

Birddog
06-24-2005, 08:20 PM

I'm 5'9" , 34" waist and vary from about 165 to sometimes near 185, and I wear the L in bibs. I don't have any Assos jerseys, love the bibs though.

Birddog