PDA

View Full Version : Motorex products

LegendRider
06-12-2011, 08:53 AM
Has anyone used Motorex products? They seem to be making some headway in the US market and Pez's review was very positive:
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=8474

Idris Icabod
06-12-2011, 09:03 AM
I bought some of the the bright green grease and the white grease a few years ago, maybe 5 or 6 and still haven't gone through it all. Seems fine in sunny AZ but it doesn't see much water here. So I would give it a thumbs up but only as enthusiastically as one can raise a thumb for grease, it is greasy and comes in a tube and when I remove bike parts that I greased it still seems to be there.

christian
06-12-2011, 09:33 AM
I've used their motor oil in my KTM and use their chainlube on all my chain driven motorcycles. Good stuff, but not cheap. I have in a pinch put the motorcycle chain oil on my Pegoretti too. Anyone know if there's a good reason (other than cost obviously) not to do that? O-ring bike chains and bicycle chains are pretty different after all.

scooter
06-12-2011, 11:48 AM
I'm using the Wet Lube and the Bike Shine Motorex currently. The Wet Lube works quite well - no squeeky chain noises and smooth shifting. I'd say it maybe better than the Prolink Gold but the downside is the thicker buildup. The Bike Shine is a great product that I use to spray clean the bike to remove road spray and crud buildup, since I don't have access to a garden hose.

jblande
06-12-2011, 11:59 AM
have used power brake cleaner as well as the chain lube. both are excellent.

DRietz
06-12-2011, 12:07 PM
I work at a pretty high end shop in Castro Valley, CA, and Motorex is what we use exclusively back in the service department.

Charles M
06-13-2011, 11:01 AM
I hate reviewing stupid little stuff like this (it's way more fun to get bigger things), but I'm happy I tried it. I've been a big proponent of lots of make-do home cleaners and mixed my own lube for a long time... This stuff is so much easier / faster to use and works so much better / longer that I'm pretty much hooked on it now and spending my own damn money...

There were two articles, one lube side and the other bike maintaining side and the works really well... The owner at Pez lives Vancouver and deals with mega wet and it's been basically perfect there too. Team mechanics are pretty happy with it too... of course a couple are sponsored, but a couple of guys that were at Motorex teams before and are not now are still using it.

jblande
06-13-2011, 11:09 AM
by the way, here in Switzerland it is a totally common line of products, ie you will see motorex products at your local gas station. i mention this to take away some of the aura or perhaps to allay the potential concern that you might be dealing with a fringe product.

c-record
06-14-2011, 11:12 AM
I used it when it was more commonly available when Manitou was distributing it. Good results for me as well. Good to see them back in the US stronger again.

CandC
06-14-2011, 01:11 PM
I have used it and like it a lot. Their bike wash is very good, better than mud shine. I like their grease, you may find it is just like a certain shimano grease. Hmmm. Actually, I like it all.

The biggest problem with their products is the labeling. They look terrible- very 90's euro. Like speedos and neon colored bell helmets and kooka cranks.