PDA

View Full Version : Serottas make your butt look good!

Dave B
06-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Ok went out on the Serotta today for a few hours and had a great ride! How can you not with this bike and the new bike fun it brings.

Not sure about you folks, but I think a lot on my rides, peaceful stuff no angst. I am not lost in thoughts not to hear cars, other cyclists etc. just enjoyng my thoughts.

So I was struggling up a hill kind of admiring the bike when a lady on a tri bike comes past me and says, "wow that looks nice, " and I say "Hey thanks, it is new and I love it!" She begins to pull away and laugh and in my mind of chuckle to myself how nice she was...not to mention she looked really fit from my vantage point.

As she is pulling away she looks back and says, "I wasn't talking about the bike!"

I know it was probably like 2 seconds, but it felt like slow motion. It dawned on me that i had just got hit on by a decent looking lady...while stuff in my lycra!

So if you see some dork on a MeiVici riding with his arse stuck out at anybody who passes, it is me looking for more compliments!

Best ride I have had in a long time! :banana:

Fixed
06-11-2011, 02:44 PM
serotta = hip + $$
cheers

CNY rider
06-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Owning a Serotta will, on average make you 22% better looking and 18% more intelligent!

tv_vt
06-11-2011, 04:10 PM
And you didn't chase her down??? :crap:

bumknees
06-11-2011, 04:21 PM
were you wearing your flesh-colored skin suit on the ride?

Hawker
06-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Sounds like the kind of thing that happens in a dream....are you sure?

jgspin
06-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Where is this hill?

jghall
06-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Great story Dave. Promise when I pass you I'll grab a cheek.

Jeff N.
06-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Ok went out on the Serotta today for a few hours and had a great ride! How can you not with this bike and the new bike fun it brings.

Not sure about you folks, but I think a lot on my rides, peaceful stuff no angst. I am not lost in thoughts not to hear cars, other cyclists etc. just enjoyng my thoughts.

So I was struggling up a hill kind of admiring the bike when a lady on a tri bike comes past me and says, "wow that looks nice, " and I say "Hey thanks, it is new and I love it!" She begins to pull away and laugh and in my mind of chuckle to myself how nice she was...not to mention she looked really fit from my vantage point.

As she is pulling away she looks back and says, "I wasn't talking about the bike!"

I know it was probably like 2 seconds, but it felt like slow motion. It dawned on me that i had just got hit on by a decent looking lady...while stuff in my lycra!

So if you see some dork on a MeiVici riding with his arse stuck out at anybody who passes, it is me looking for more compliments!

I'm assuming you caught up with her and are now enjoying post-coital bliss/cuddles :eek: Jeff N.

BumbleBeeDave
06-11-2011, 07:42 PM
I never thought I'd ever be writing a letter to Serotta/Penthouse Forum, BUT . . . :D

BBD

roguedog
06-11-2011, 07:59 PM
r u sure she wasn't talking bout your shiner :banana: :banana:

nice way to begin the summer

Ahneida Ride
06-11-2011, 09:36 PM
was it your left Knee ? Right Knee or Hi Knee ? ;)

godfrey1112000
06-11-2011, 09:45 PM

I knew riding hills were good for something :banana:

Scott Shire
06-11-2011, 11:10 PM
So wait... you got girled whilst astride a Meivici, on a climb, by a cutie on a tri bike?!

It's a good thing you have a nice ass, Mr. President! ;) ;)

Louis
06-12-2011, 01:13 AM
While out riding with a buddy today we stopped for a breather in a teeny MO town west of St Louis (Labadie, for those familiar with the area). We were sitting at some picnic tables outside the local country store when a Suburban drove up and parked. A very "healthy" looking young lady in her early thirties got out. As she came around she gave us the biggest smile and a cheerful hello.

That made two fifty-ish cyclists quite happy.

I don't know if she would have done the same if we had been two broken-down 250 lb guys puffing on Camel no-filters, instead of semi in-shape athletes in Lycra, but cycling does help you feel better about yourself physically and emotionally.

oldpotatoe
06-12-2011, 07:16 AM

http://www.amazon.com/Its-Not-About-Bike-Journey/dp/0425179613

gemship
06-12-2011, 07:34 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Its-Not-About-Bike-Journey/dp/0425179613

If it's not about the bike then why do you have such strong opinions,likes,dislikes about how a bike should be?

Look who called the kettle black :rolleyes:

Scott Shire
06-12-2011, 08:06 AM
If it's not about the bike then why do you have such strong opinions,likes,dislikes about how a bike should be?

Look who called the kettle black :rolleyes:

Not sure what you're intimating here, gemship. Yes, Peter has some opinions. That tends to happen after a quarter century working in SERIOUS shops. Check his palmares; his opinions are well-founded. He is also willing to share his vast knowledge on this site, answering the same questions over and over without losing a sense of humor. And while he has lots of opinions about bikes and the right way to put them together, I think a quote does the best job of explaining his stance on the above matter. :cool:

dancinkozmo
06-12-2011, 08:20 AM
...well said.
i really enjoy oldpotatoe's posts !

imho one of the sharpest people here when it comes to the bicycle knowledge.

tuscanyswe
06-12-2011, 08:26 AM
I must get me one of those serottas. Litespeeds moots merlins ifs they have all failed so far :D

Hawker
06-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Uh..here is how women really think. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKQKSWiEb6Y