PDA

View Full Version : Replacing gauge on Topeak Pro Pump?

Hawker
06-10-2011, 03:49 PM
My Topeak Pro starting leaking badly at the gauge so I ordered a new one for $8.95...a lot less than a new pump. Problem is, I can't figure out how to get the gauge itself out of the aluminum housing. Anyone??

http://store.todson.com/pro-gauge-only-2009-present-trk-g13.html

Thanks.

Hawker
06-11-2011, 08:10 AM
Always good to have the right tool for the job. Ultimately, a large rubber mallet did the trick.

PaulE
06-11-2011, 08:17 PM
After disconnecting the hose on the bottom, you have to pull up on the outer ring of the guage really hard. Then the whole guage unit comes out. I had to call Topeak back and ask them how when I had the same problem. And when I did get the guage out, I realized I could have just cleaned up or replaced the O ring and put a little grease on it to stop the leaking. That is what I intend to do if it starts leaking again.

AngryScientist
06-11-2011, 08:20 PM
good to know. the lezyne is my go-to pump, but i keep a topeak in the car.

Hawker
06-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Thanks PaulE. I sort of destroyed things a bit (with the mallet) so a replacement gauge will be necessary and I have ordered it. I checked the price on a new one and it was near $80. If I can fix it for under $10.00 I'll be a happy camper.

rice rocket
06-11-2011, 08:50 PM
I owned a Topeak pump once, too many little replacement parts.

I switched to a Serfas because of their lifetime warranty, apparently I can just walk into any Serfas dealer and get it exchanged for free.