PDA

View Full Version : Erzinger Vail Massacre follow-up . . .

BumbleBeeDave
06-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Good on Charles Pelkey for keeping up with it . . .

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/06/news/the-explainer-a-follow-up-to-the-sleepy-investment-banker_177721

BBD

EDS
06-09-2011, 04:49 PM
A step in the right direction.

54ny77
06-09-2011, 05:33 PM
He should've been fired by MS, which would've gone on his NASD record and caused him a pretty good headache in many different ways.

Looks like they let him resign voluntarily (no surprise there).

In reality, that means next to nothing. So, the guy gets off just about scot free. I'd venture a guess that his clients couldn't give a hoot either. They would if he was fired or a felony conviction was on there, since he couldn't manage their $.

What a travesty. Civil damages--whatever. He probably has mounds of umbrella liability.

Makes me sick.

ultraman6970
06-09-2011, 05:57 PM
It would not surprise me that he has nothing under his name.

drewski
06-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Justice prevailed finally. Time will tell. Thanks for the follow up BBD. Charles Pelkey of Velonews forgot to mention Erzinger's original excuse for blacking out:

New car smell. :crap:

54ny77
06-10-2011, 09:51 AM
His FINRA report shows felony dismissed and guilty misdemeanor. Still shows employed by MS. Maybe it'll get updated soon and we'll see if he was fired for cause or resigned.

Otherwise, report shows guilty of 2 misdemeanor counts, a 1 year probation w/$1300 fine, 90 day suspended jail sentence in exchange for 60 days of work release at Eagle County jail or 45 days of charitable work acceptable to the court (which means dumbass judge said sure, go to Haiti and work--whatever "work" that was).

Which is a long way of saying slap on wrist, have a nice day.

It's still sickening and repulsive. No civil judgement can right the wrong that was done.

gone
06-10-2011, 10:01 AM
That whole episode was a travesty in every sense of the word. As was said earlier, I'm sure he's got a huge umbrella policy, no assets in his name, etc. He won't feel a thing from the civil suit.

May he burn in hell.

scooter01
06-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Yup its hot in hell but its a dry heat

soulspinner
06-11-2011, 05:14 AM
Im thinking hes hurtin now, the giant ego has popped and its going to be tuff to maintain the lifestyle hes accustomed to. Now if he can only be blackballed from the financial world.........................