rugbysecondrow
06-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Coolio, looks nice.

soulspinner
06-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Maybe Ill even be able to afford one!

Nooch
06-08-2011, 03:51 PM
With completes at $2900, I wonder where that puts framesets at...

Exciting, though, it might be a serotta I can actually afford!

fourflys
06-08-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm just excited they're going to have a fit lab in Poway!

alexstar
06-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Looks great!

Ahneida Ride
06-08-2011, 09:07 PM
I think William was promoting this idea 7 years ago.

YEA !!!!! :hello: :beer:

that guy
06-08-2011, 09:33 PM
<<< waiting (im)patiently for details :eek:

bobswire
06-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Hey Pete, give us the scoop. :help:

BumbleBeeDave
06-09-2011, 05:37 AM
. . . I think for the Copper Triangle, riding and drinking Red (though I'm pretty sure not at the same time!).

BBD

rice rocket
06-09-2011, 05:38 AM

What's that, gateway drugs? :D

victoryfactory
06-09-2011, 07:42 AM
The Atlanta was supposed to be an economical version of the CSI
The Concours was supposed to be an economical version of the Legend
The Nove was supposed to be.... you get the picture.

Yet another attempt by our hosts to create a more affordable alternative
for customers and sell more frames.

The only problem is these guys can't control themselves. They can't cut corners
They can't make cheap bikes. Every time they do, they end up creating a great
bike that stands on it's own and becomes a classic in it's own right.

I'll bet this one will be the same old story.

If they really want to make some money why don't they put Serotta stickers on
some nice Taiwanese stuff?

VF

oldpotatoe
06-09-2011, 07:48 AM
http://www.serotta.com/news-events/61/Details/

"The new bikes are available exclusively through the Serotta Fit Labs in Saratoga Springs, NY and Poway, CA (coming soon), where the company’s craftsmen can be seen showing off their well-honed skills."

Not at any Serotta dealer but at these 2 places only?

Meaning consumer direct? Gotta go there or web based selling also?

dbh
06-09-2011, 07:49 AM
Any details? Asides from the price, how does this compare to the Colorado GS -- different tubing? Are they saving money on the fork and build kit? Interesting that it appears they are only available factory direct.

johnnymossville
06-09-2011, 10:02 AM
I may someday own a new Serotta after all. This is wonderful news.

oldpotatoe
06-09-2011, 10:05 AM
Any details? Asides from the price, how does this compare to the Colorado GS -- different tubing? Are they saving money on the fork and build kit? Interesting that it appears they are only available factory direct.

If they are factory direct, that's the way they are making it at this price point. Eliminate the margin for the bike shop.

Info? Factory direct? Web based buy or must travel to the fit studios?

AngryScientist
06-09-2011, 10:11 AM
excellent news indeed. having another option with a lower price is never a bad thing. looking forward to more details.

sbparker31
06-09-2011, 10:12 AM
If they are factory direct, that's the way they are making it at this price point. Eliminate the margin for the bike shop.

Hmm. Wonder how dealers carrying Serotta feel about this. I suppose it could be argued that this can expand the market for the higher end bikes. Get a Serotta at a low price point, and then go to dealer later for that custom Ottrot.

AngryScientist
06-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Hmm. Wonder how dealers carrying Serotta feel about this. I suppose it could be argued that this can expand the market for the higher end bikes. Get a Serotta at a low price point, and then go to dealer later for that custom Ottrot.

like a gateway drug :D

dekindy
06-09-2011, 10:25 AM

On previous factory direct sales they have always paid a commission to the local/nearest dealer?

oldpotatoe
06-09-2011, 10:52 AM

I guess it depends on if it IS factory direct, can you do it online?

It would be as if Waterford starting selling direct, I wouldn't be happy with that.

OBTW-Custom Waterford -14 series with a 105 group is about $2900..even at a bike shop.

jpw
06-09-2011, 11:14 AM
The devil's in the detail with this one. I'm in wait and see mode.

victoryfactory
06-09-2011, 11:57 AM
I'll bet they make you go through a dealer to make the
appointment or order and take delivery of the bike. This gives the
dealer a chance at service and ancillary sales.

They can't afford to alienate the dealers who are already asked to
do a lot concerning service, time, fitting and hand holding of the
average Serotta custom-aire*

VF

*New word:
Customaire - a customer buying a custom item.

dbh
06-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Just hope they offer a level top-tube. When I see these sloping top-tubes with giant head tubes, I expect to see them being ridden by middle aged men with back problems.

William
06-09-2011, 01:00 PM

I knew my ranting would get through eventually!! :hello: :beer:

William

dancinkozmo
06-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Just hope they offer a level top-tube. When I see these sloping top-tubes with giant head tubes, I expect to see them being ridden by middle aged men with back problems.

+1 :)

Pegoready
06-09-2011, 01:19 PM

So you'd rather see a level top tube and a giant head tube?

jpw
06-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Does this have anything to do with the recent price increase announcement for real Serotta frames?

Bruce K
06-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Copper is in August.

Pete is at Ride the Rockies.

That being said, this is pretty cool. Generally Serotta is really good at details so I'm pretty sure folks will be even more excited as this all unfolds.

BK

BumbleBeeDave
06-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Copper is in August.

Pete is at Ride the Rockies.

That being said, this is pretty cool. Generally Serotta is really good at details so I'm pretty sure folks will be even more excited as this all unfolds.

BK

He's out riding his bike and having a good time in the Rockies and I'm not and I'm JEALOUS! :crap: :crap: :crap:

BBD

PaulE
06-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Atlanta
Classique - Steel, Ti
Fierte - Steel, Ti, IT-Ti/Carbon, Carbon
Nove
La Corsa
Ready Custom
Colorado

Now 10*77 will be direct from the factory at its Poway and Saratoga Springs fit studios while the dealers have the Colorado to sell? How different can they be? There should be entry level Serottas, but they should be sold by the dealers and Serotta should focus on the bigger picture. The custom fitting and dealer interface with the customer should be the keystone of the Serotta ownership experience.

Serotta has world class products - innovation, design and manufacturing. I suspect they have a lot of capital tied up in the Poway carbon facility and the Saratoga Springs factory. For a relatively small company it is a lot to carry. On top of that, they are entirely US based with a much higher cost structure than companies who source everything in Asia. But they need to find their way in the areas of overall company message and mission and sales and marketing to bring the rest of the company up to the level of their products and capabilities.

Don't hate me, I believe in them and have purchased a CSI, Legend and HSG. I'm also responsible for several friends buying a Serotta when they wanted a new bike. I just don't see this as a long term solution.