PDA

View Full Version : Dauphine Spoiler

MattTuck
06-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Won the stage today with a sick acceleration as the peloton was about to catch the break he was in...

5th in last year's TDF, is he peaking too early? or is a podium place in Paris a possibility?

Maybe it depends if the pistolero makes an appearance or decides to sit it out.

Fixed
06-06-2011, 07:24 PM
great tt. very good climber
cheers

MattTuck
06-06-2011, 07:27 PM
current odds, from what I could find are 36/5 for a top 3 finish.

That might not be a bad bet.

BillG
06-06-2011, 09:34 PM
He's an "8" on the UCI suspicious doping list.

MattTuck
06-06-2011, 09:58 PM
He's an "8" on the UCI suspicious doping list.

Isn't that the average of the peloton? :rolleyes:

God I'm cynical.

rice rocket
06-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Isn't that the average of the peloton? :rolleyes:

God I'm cynical.

Nope! Only 3 are suspected more that him, Menchov, Carlos Barredo, and Yaroslav Popovych.

1centaur
06-07-2011, 04:57 AM
He had a ravaged look to his eyes that I rarely see in cyclists, and his acceleration from a peloton even HE said was "a bloc" looked like Rico to me. I think cycling has made it hard to be truly cynical about cycling.

MattTuck
06-07-2011, 06:49 AM
He had a ravaged look to his eyes that I rarely see in cyclists, and his acceleration from a peloton even HE said was "a bloc" looked like Rico to me. I think cycling has made it hard to be truly cynical about cycling.

I didn't see the odds on whether he'll be busted for doping, but you guys make a strong argument that he may be 'enhanced'.

It's still exciting to watch, I was on the edge of my seat watching the race yesterday.

You'd think though, after that list came out, that riders at the top of the list would lay off the sauce... if for no other reason than they know they're under more scrutiny than usual.