PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Campagnolo Conversion Cassette for Shimano Freehub.

Christian.
06-06-2011, 01:04 AM
I am trying to help a buddy convert to the Italian goodness, but he has to run a Shimano freehub body for now. Does anyone have a new or used Mavic M10, American Classic, or Miche conversion cassette? These cassettes were made to slip over the Shimano freehub splines but have the gear spacing for Campagnolo 10-speeds. If so please PM me.

Prefer a 11-23 or 11-25 since we are running a compact crankset.

Thanks greatly for helping a buddy convert on a budget ;)
Christian.

borapt
06-06-2011, 02:29 AM
Could check out a Jtek shift converter in case you don't find a cheap cassette. From what I hear about conversion cassettes, they're expensive and not very good in terms of weight and shifting performance. Jtek is great(I use a campy to shimano RD/cassette) and don't have problems.

http://jtekengineering.com/shiftmate.htm

oldpotatoe
06-06-2011, 07:52 AM
I am trying to help a buddy convert to the Italian goodness, but he has to run a Shimano freehub body for now. Does anyone have a new or used Mavic M10, American Classic, or Miche conversion cassette? These cassettes were made to slip over the Shimano freehub splines but have the gear spacing for Campagnolo 10-speeds. If so please PM me.

Prefer a 11-23 or 11-25 since we are running a compact crankset.

Thanks greatly for helping a buddy convert on a budget ;)
Christian.

Also look at Wheels Manufacturing Accelerator cogset, the best of the bunch IMHO.

John M
06-06-2011, 06:26 PM
I have an American Classic 12-25 10s conversion cassette, light use with lock ring that I would sell for $50 shipped to CONUS. Can send pics later tonight when I get home.

junkfood
06-06-2011, 07:00 PM
I have an American Classic 12-25 10s conversion cassette, light use with lock ring that I would sell for $50 shipped to CONUS. Can send pics later tonight when I get home.

If the OP passes on this deal, I will take you up on it.

Jake

jimsantos
06-08-2011, 03:40 PM
I also have a nearly new American Classic 10-23 cassette if anyone's interested.

Mounted, tested for under 100 mi, then picked up a Campy wheelset. I think I still have the box somewhere.

$50 shipped in the US as well. I'm pretty new to this forum, but happy to transact via Ebay or other means for buyer peace-of-mind.

Christian.
06-08-2011, 07:02 PM
I also have a nearly new American Classic 10-23 cassette if anyone's interested.

Mounted, tested for under 100 mi, then picked up a Campy wheelset. I think I still have the box somewhere.

$50 shipped in the US as well. I'm pretty new to this forum, but happy to transact via Ebay or other means for buyer peace-of-mind.10-23 or 11-23? I have never seen a 10 first gear. Please let me know, if it is a 11-23, we will likely take you up on this.
If the OP passes on this deal, I will take you up on it.

JakeGo for it, we need to find a 11 first gear since my buddy is running a compact crankset and he needs the additional gearing for the sprints.

Christian.

jimsantos
06-10-2011, 02:22 AM
Sorry - 11-23.

Although I'm afraid it's no longer for sale. Picked up a Shimano-freehubbed wheelset today and will likely use the AC cassette till I get a Campy freehub body.

rice rocket
06-10-2011, 02:44 AM
Edit: whoops, missed the 2nd post.

I second the J-Tek recommendation. ;)