PDA

View Full Version : Salsa Casseroll and Goodies

ekh2112
06-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Up for sale is my Salsa Casseroll. This bike is a beautiful steel framed workhorse that has been a touring bike, road bike, and most recently my daily commuter. I've had it for about 2.5 years and it probably has around 1500 miles on the frame. It has horizontal drop-outs so it can be run as a single speed (as it is now) and can also be geared for road riding or touring. The geometry is right in the middle of an aggressive road bike and a full on touring bike. It's a very similar bike to the Surly Cross Check but is built with better steel and is significantly lighter. It is a size 47cm (sloping) with a 52cm top tube. I ride a 52cm traditional road bike and am about 5'8". The bike should be a good fit for anyone between 5'6" and 5'9" or 5'10" depending on stem length and angle. It's a great bike for long rides, commuting, touring, and even light offroad cyclocross riding.
The bike is currently set up as a single speed as it has been my commuter for the past year. It has an FSA Gossamer Mega-exo compact crank running to single speed cog on the back. I have 2 different size chainrings for the front (FSA 46 and an XTR 48) as well as an additional single ring on the back to choose your own gearing. Wheels are Shimano 105 hubs laced to mavic cxp22 rims with 700x25 Continental Gatorskin wire bead tires (never had a flat). I've got fenders on it as well. The bike will take up to 35c tires or 32c with fenders. Brakes are shimano long-reach calipers.

Also included are all of the parts to run it as a touring or road bike (minus the rear derailleur that I can't seem to find). This is an incredibly comfortable easy to ride road machine that I've ridden 2 centuries on. When I was using it as a touring bike I ran the compact crank back to a SRAM 11-32 cassette. The frame has built in downtube shifter bosses for the included Dura Ace downtube shifters (rear is indexed front is friction). Also included is campagnolo veloce front derailleur that worked beautifully with the crankset.

Complete parts list:

47cm Salsa Casseroll steel frame and steel fork
Salsa Seatpost and Stem
Specialized 42cm Bars
Cane Creek S6 Headset
Cane Creek SCR-5 Brake levers
FSA Gossamer Mega Exo Compact Crank (50/34)
FSA 46 and XTR 48 chainrings
Dura Ace 9 speed downtube shifters
Campagnolo Veloce front derailleur
SRAM PG-970 11-32 Cassette
Single Speed and 9 Speed chains included
Shimano BR-600 Long reach brake calipers
Brooks B-17 Saddle
Soma Camo Bar tape
Continental Gatorskin Tires
Also included is a brand new Kryptonite New York U-lock

I also have a front and rear rack with 2 sets of Performance Bike Panniers I can throw in for another $75.
I'd like to sell the bike as a complete package and not part it out, but I can be flexible. It's a phenomenal classic steel road bike that Salsa has built to take on anything you can throw at it. I'm spousally limited to 2 bikes in my house and I'm sticking with my titanium road bike and a mountain bike so, sadly, this one has to go.

$900
$975 with panniers and racks

ekh2112
06-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Willing to part this out as well. Taking offers....