PDA

View Full Version : Albany-Saratoga area . . . David Ryan Memorial Ride This Saturday

BumbleBeeDave
06-21-2005, 03:01 PM
Just a note to let all you Capital Region cyclists know about the David Ryan Memorial Bike Ride this Saturday, June 25th, at 10am.

It's dedicated to the memory of Dr. David T. Ryan, a world-class physicist, scholar and athlete. His life was abruptly and tragically ended at age 32 while he was doing what he loved best. On the evening of June 29th, 2004, he was struck down in his prime by a grossly speeding and out of control motor vehicle in Clifton Park, NY, while on his regular 30-mile training ride. Over time, the driver pleaded guilty to criminally negligent homicide.

On Saturday, June 25, members of the Mohawk Hudson Cycling Club will lead the David Ryan Memorial Ride for three distinct cycling ability levels, along the route of David's last ride on June 29th, 2004.

I'm not sure what the entry fee is. I believe last year it was $25 and for that you get a t-shirt and a great ride with some of your cycling friends.

I hope you can make it to ride with us if you are in the Albany area or within a short drive. It's a nice route.

BBDave

http://www.davidtryan.com

MHCC RIDE CALENDAR

Saturday, June 25

* 10:00 a.m., Casual Ride (B. 13 - 14 mph/1. flat) 10 miles -- David Ryan Memorial Ride Road-- -- In conjunction with Tour and Quick Rides. See website for background and more information. -- Niskayuna Bike Path (Railroad Park off River Road) Robert Cohen (877-5552, 76710.206@compuserve.com)

* 10:00 a.m., Tour Ride (C. 15 - 16 mph/2. flat/rolling) 35 miles -- David Ryan Memorial Ride Road-- -- In conjunction with Quick and Casual rides. See website for background and more information. -- Niskayuna Bike Path (Railroad Park off River Road) Brian Daniels (766-3311, bdaniels_us@yahoo.com)

* 10:00 a.m., Quick Ride (E. 19 - 20 mph/2. flat/rolling) 35 miles -- David Ryan Memorial Ride Road-- -- In conjunction with Casual and Tour rides. See website for background and more information. -- Niskayuna Bike Path (Railroad Park off River Road) Walter Cicha (986-4162,

BumbleBeeDave
06-22-2005, 06:32 AM
. . . to move this back up so a few more folks might see it.

BBD