PDA

View Full Version : Assos Warranty

rockdude
06-02-2011, 09:05 AM
Has anyone sent their Assos clothes back for warranty? I have a bib with a broken thread and its starting to un-weave. Also, I have a bib that is flat worn out and the chamois is completely un-sewn but if it have a new chamois I would still wear it.

How has your experience been with their warranty?

dekindy
06-02-2011, 09:30 AM
I don't have any experience but the warranty seems clear in your case. They use a broken thread as an example and it appears they would fix it for free. They would probably charge you to install a new chamois. Why don't you contact them and ask them?

rockdude
06-02-2011, 10:00 AM
I don't have any experience but the warranty seems clear in your case. They use a broken thread as an example and it appears they would fix it for free. They would probably charge you to install a new chamois. Why don't you contact them and ask them?

I have read their warranty policy but I want to hear back from people who have use it and how their experience was. One issue is that I don't have a receipt. Some companies are very strict on warranties others just repair or replace everything. I would think Assos would be of the later but I would hate to ship my bibs to Europe to find out differently.

jpw
06-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Well, I asked about my Early Winter 851 gloves a couple of weeks ago and they replied saying they could repair them for 20 Euros if posted to Switzerland. Not worth the effort in this case, but Assos will repair, replace zips, et.c. I assume it is possible to sew in a new insert too.

If you look at the Assos DB leisure wear video shot inside the Assos HQ in Switzerland you will see a floor of the building with a room of sewing machines. Even though Assos stuff is now made elsewhere in Europe the Swiss HQ clearly has the capability to make prototypes, and I assume to repair items without them having to go to Romania, or Slovenia, or Hungary, et.c. et.c.

BdaGhisallo
06-02-2011, 11:30 AM
This may or may not be helpful, as it's been so long I can't recall the exact nature of the warranty issue, but I did once send something in and was very pleased with the process. They sent the item back and it was like new. Now that I am writing this, I think it was a stitching issue on the first generation of FI.13 bibs. The stitching was unravelling around the back side of the chamois. They repaired it (and even put in a new chamois, iirc) and sent them back very quickly and without charge.

Very good company, imo, and they do stand behind their products.

jlwdm
06-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Around the first of the year I had a seam split on my glove liners for the early winter gloves. Contacted cbike and immediately got a new glove.

Jeff

rwsaunders
06-02-2011, 11:56 AM
I've contacted Assos in the past and they were very responsive on both occasions.

rustychisel
06-02-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm currently waiting on a pair of Assos bibknicks to be returned from Switzerland with a new chamois. Cost to me E30. Thus far my dealings have been clear and perfectly acceptable, you'll likely hear from Customer Services Manager Alex Borel.

Backstory, chamois destroyed but lycra untouched when an Australian cattle dog ripped them off the washline. The bibknicks are mine, the dog not. Gun control laws being what they are in this country, the dog survived. As the bibknicks were a gift I could not furnish a receipt, so following the very clear instructions on the Assos website, I sent them to Switzerland. Alex emailed me and offered full repair for 30 Euro, an excellent offer.

rustychisel
06-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Have just collected a package from Assos - my bibknicks with brand new chamois - very happy with the outcome, cost and turnaround. Excellent service.

oldpotatoe
06-07-2011, 08:00 AM
I have read their warranty policy but I want to hear back from people who have use it and how their experience was. One issue is that I don't have a receipt. Some companies are very strict on warranties others just repair or replace everything. I would think Assos would be of the later but I would hate to ship my bibs to Europe to find out differently.

Did ya get them locally? ProPeloton?

RedRider
06-07-2011, 08:11 AM
Here is a great example of "you get what you pay for". If you bought these bib shorts from your lbs, an authorized Assos dealer...they can handle the warranty for you. Assos will surely honor any warranty they have in print but the relationship of your local dealer with the manufacturer can often result in better results and less hassle.
P.S. If you have worn out the chamois in a pair of Assos don't replace it...bury the shorts. Chances are the material has also lost some of the fabric and characteristic fit.

rockdude
06-07-2011, 09:00 AM
Did ya get them locally? ProPeloton?

NO! A good example why you should support your LBS. By-The-Way, I need to come see you Peter. PF30 adaptors are needed for my new ride.

oldpotatoe
06-07-2011, 06:32 PM
NO! A good example why you should support your LBS. By-The-Way, I need to come see you Peter. PF30 adaptors are needed for my new ride.

Gots 'em. PF BB30, Campagnolo ones, Wheels for shimano ones...etc.

dsb
06-08-2011, 05:54 AM
Here is a great example of "you get what you pay for". If you bought these bib shorts from your lbs, an authorized Assos dealer...they can handle the warranty for you. Assos will surely honor any warranty they have in print but the relationship of your local dealer with the manufacturer can often result in better results and less hassle.

This was not my experience... I have purchased Assos bibs from a 'local' LBS and from a prominent online store (in the US..) and was told by both that I would have to deal directly with Assos...

I'm more than happy with the service from Assos however...

basilic
06-08-2011, 08:10 AM
I had recently a problem with a stitch on 3-year old well used S5-mille bibs (small hole off an angled stitch). Went to the LBS thinking it could be fixed. LBS said he'd show it to the Assos rep. A couple weeks later I got brand new bibs, in box. This was in Switzerland.