PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it nice when....

cdn_bacon
05-30-2011, 08:42 AM
Isn't it nice when you hop on your bike , everything is set up properly and absolutely nothing goes wrong....

:)

I'll cherish that ride yesterday for awhile.

Hope that sentiment got passed along to other forumites this past week-end.

Cheers

cdn_bacon
05-31-2011, 12:54 PM
And here we go... this will probably get me banned, but for future reference anyone that feels the need to harp on a newcomer for not posting enough before attempting to sell anything in the classifieds should maybe watch their step. I have attempted to post what I thought was a reasonable topic of conversation on here, with 62 people viewing the topic and no comments.

This becomes a little disheartening that your thought isn't cool enough or worthy enough for anyone to discuss.

Why should I HAVE to post something in order to get enough "street cred" to sell something. Mind you I've been on here for a bit, bought and sold and joined some conversations, but what if someone new started a topic the same as mine, no one viewed/commented on his topic and he/she is stuck with that one post.

*end rant.

AngryScientist
05-31-2011, 01:02 PM
sounds like you need a hug....annnnddddd, if someone were a delicious english muffin, with eggs, and that special someone were to hug you, it would be a stupendous breakfast sandwich! :hello:

seriously though, lighten up:)

AngryScientist
05-31-2011, 01:03 PM
sounds like you need a hug....annnnddddd, if someone were a delicious english muffin, with eggs, and that special someone were to hug you, it would be a stupendous breakfast sandwich! :hello:

seriously though, lighten up:)

was that my best attempt at humor? eh, i think its funny :banana:

Joachim
05-31-2011, 01:07 PM
I had to read this twice. It looked like the first two posts were from 2 different people. I do like the street cred part tough...

It seems a rant gets you more responses...

fiamme red
05-31-2011, 01:07 PM
Isn't it nice when you hop on your bike , everything is set up properly and absolutely nothing goes wrong....The clearance on one of my bikes between the 23mm tires and the Honjo fenders is very tight. Yesterday, I didn't tighten the rear q-r sufficiently, and when I stood up to accelerate from a traffic light, the tire jammed against the fender, and the wheel locked up. I came to a sudden stop and had to keep from toppling over into traffic. :crap:

Joachim
05-31-2011, 01:08 PM
was that my best attempt at humor? eh, i think its funny :banana:

I had a chuckle.... Didn't expect this from someone with "Angry" in their name. "FunnyScientist" will be pretty cool too.

cdn_bacon
05-31-2011, 01:10 PM
lol, @AngryScientist... you'll help pad anyone's stats :)

just found it frustrating is all...

BumbleBeeDave
05-31-2011, 01:14 PM
I've posted things before and gotten no response . . . and I've been here for 127 years. :butt: :rolleyes: :)

BBD

Germany_chris
05-31-2011, 01:14 PM
Here I go sounding like a P***k again, but what really could be added to you original post? You had a nice ride and were feeling mellow and wishing all the best. I was assembling and attending a Memorial Day ceremony it brought an order I wrote a couple months back to fruition.

san
05-31-2011, 01:23 PM
i hit a curb yesterday and fell into a bush and got stuck. why can't i have days like yours? :help:

Joachim
05-31-2011, 01:24 PM
i hit a curb yesterday and fell into a bush and got stuck. why can't i have days like yours? :help:

Is it bad that I just laughed? Seriously, hope you were not hurt.

cdn_bacon
05-31-2011, 02:07 PM
Here I go sounding like a P***k again, but what really could be added to you original post? You had a nice ride and were feeling mellow and wishing all the best. I was assembling and attending a Memorial Day ceremony it brought an order I wrote a couple months back to fruition.

Wasn't calling anyone out in particular, just venting...

MattTuck
05-31-2011, 02:22 PM

Did you free yourself or are you posting to the forum from the bush?

Hope there's not damage to the machine or rider.

Germany_chris
05-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Wasn't calling anyone out in particular, just venting...

I understand and venting is good, so my wife tells me as she vents usually about bikes or Mac's :D

130R
05-31-2011, 02:36 PM
Canadian women > Canadian bacon :hello: