PDA

View Full Version : The Tour Baby !

gasman
06-20-2005, 01:40 PM
Unsolicited plug-
After our Tour de Eugene Saturday ride we watched the film "The Tour baby !" while we stuffed our faces on pasta and blueberry pie. I loved it !Very different look at the tour done by a guy who is a big fan of the Tour. He decided to go over and follow it but had no other plans. He bought a camera two weeks before leaving , shot some film and through some chance encounters ended up going behind the scenes and got some nice footage and interviews. Amaturish, yep. Fun,yep. Silly,yep. Good hearted, yep.

Profits from the film go to the Lance Armstrong foundation. The filmaker has a friend whos' child has cancer but is "recovered" at this time. The filmaker ,Scott, has pledged $100,000 to the LAF.
The film is showing in Portland, Oregon on June 22nd and 23 at McMenamin's Hawthorne st pub. Information on screenings can be found on his website-www.thetourbaby.com.

A buddy loaned me a copy but i bought one for myself I enjoyed it so much.
See for yourself if you get a chance.

BumbleBeeDave
06-20-2005, 01:51 PM
. . . saw this at a local theater at a benefit. It was great! Amateur feel to it, but done very comepetently. I loved the part where he went through the feed bag that he found on the road to show us what the riders eat and was apologizing because it had been run over a couple of times and everything was flat!

BBDave

gasman
06-20-2005, 02:02 PM
. . . saw this at a local theater at a benefit. It was great! Amateur feel to it, but done very comepetently. I loved the part where he went through the feed bag that he found on the road to show us what the riders eat and was apologizing because it had been run over a couple of times and everything was flat!

BBDave

That was very funny. He was braver man than I. His dig at Cofidis was nice touch, subtle and well done.

spiderlake
06-21-2005, 11:27 AM
Just ordered a copy as a prep for seeing my first tour in a few weeks. Thanks for the link!!

george
09-15-2005, 02:30 AM
I just watched The tour baby http://www.thetourbaby.com/ It was a great amatuer video account of the Tour de France. Some parts were slow but it is worth to watch all those extras after you watch the film. He has now reached his goal of $100,000 for the LAF; great effort from this cycling enthusiast :)

William
09-15-2005, 05:24 AM
I haven't seen it yet but it sounds like I need to. :)

William