PDA

View Full Version : rapha continental video

thwart
05-28-2011, 08:14 PM
OK, it's a little over the top. But if you watch this and don't get the jones to ride your bike, you're dead.

http://vimeo.com/24290169

Lifelover
05-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Very Cool Stuff. I just wish that I could afford their stuff AND they made it in XXL.

jghall
05-29-2011, 06:01 AM
Agree, very cool. Love the scenery.

d_douglas
05-30-2011, 01:38 PM
Now I've got to ask: what tires do you use for that type of varied riding? Featherlight clinchers wouldn't cut it, would they?

Yes, that makes me want to ride.....

Birddog
05-30-2011, 03:00 PM
what tires do you use for that type of varied riding?
I hosted a Rapha ride in NM and for the dirt we had, I used 25's. I think that is what the Rapha boys ran as well. The dirt we were on was in excellent shape and was a mixture of decomposed granite and clay. We flew along at about 22mph avg as there was very little loose gravel. We were all hootin' and hollerin' like cowboys as we wound through some undulating twisties. Good fun.

skijoring
05-30-2011, 04:09 PM
I'm in a few background shots. :D

azrider
05-30-2011, 05:05 PM
Awesome video.....would love to know the background of some of those riders; racers, masters, enthusiasts, friends of owner?

Also....how in hell does one sign up to be a Rapha rider? I for one never would/could but am interested in hearing how these guys got to "live the dream" day in day out.

Thanks for sharing the vid

1happygirl
05-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Hey AZ:

The US team info:(not a team)
http://www.rapha.cc/riders

Chris
05-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Awesome video.....would love to know the background of some of those riders; racers, masters, enthusiasts, friends of owner?

Also....how in hell does one sign up to be a Rapha rider? I for one never would/could but am interested in hearing how these guys got to "live the dream" day in day out.

Thanks for sharing the vid

You don't sign up to be a Rapha rider. The concept of the Continental was developed by Daniel Wakefield Pasely. He pitched it to Rapha and they dug it, so away they went with the plan. The riders are not necessarily racers, but some are. They are basically guys who are into the cycling scenes from where they live. There's a group from the east coast and from the west coast. Some of the guys were "friends of Rapha" and others know a guy who knows a guy.

azrider
05-30-2011, 05:50 PM
You don't sign up to be a Rapha rider. The concept of the Continental was developed by Daniel Wakefield Pasely. He pitched it to Rapha and they dug it, so away they went with the plan. The riders are not necessarily racers, but some are. They are basically guys who are into the cycling scenes from where they live. There's a group from the east coast and from the west coast. Some of the guys were "friends of Rapha" and others know a guy who knows a guy.

thanks for the insight....be cool as hell to run into these guys sometime.

fiamme red
05-30-2011, 08:11 PM
Also....how in hell does one sign up to be a Rapha rider? I for one never would/could but am interested in hearing how these guys got to "live the dream" day in day out.If you want to be a Rapha rider, you should be a white male between the ages of 25 and 40, and be skinny enough to look good in Rapha clothes (around 6', 140 lbs is ideal).

I think that although Rapha provides these "Continental" riders with free clothing, most of them have day jobs.

I couldn't watch more than two minutes of the video. Nice scenery, but much too pretentious.