PDA

View Full Version : Giro (no spoiler)

MattTuck
05-27-2011, 10:20 AM
Every time I look at what's going on, they're finishing at the top of some mountain. Hell, the race had so many mountains this year, they had to take some of 'em out!

The sprinters got what? 4 days? Maybe exaggerating a bit, but it SEEMS that way.

1centaur
05-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Thank goodness; the Giro's first week used to be sprint after sprint; watching those DVDs I've taken to skipping the first disk entirely. With Tivo and a sprint stage I can watch the whole 2 hours in 15 minutes, most of it at triple time. That worked out great when I got home at 6pm and had two hours to watch the Giro and the ToC for the day. Sprint stages have become about judging the commentators' talents at filling time; I pretty much hate them. Give me more rolling/breakaway courses between the mountain days, please.

soulspinner
05-28-2011, 05:44 AM
Thank goodness; the Giro's first week used to be sprint after sprint; watching those DVDs I've taken to skipping the first disk entirely. With Tivo and a sprint stage I can watch the whole 2 hours in 15 minutes, most of it at triple time. That worked out great when I got home at 6pm and had two hours to watch the Giro and the ToC for the day. Sprint stages have become about judging the commentators' talents at filling time; I pretty much hate them. Give me more rolling/breakaway courses between the mountain days, please.

+1