PDA

View Full Version : OPEN HOUSE PHOTOS-Saturday Ride

BumbleBeeDave
06-18-2005, 05:05 PM
Well . . . FINALLY . . . I have gotten some of the open house photos processed and ready to post. This is the Saturday ride, when it was 91 degrees, about a zillion percent humidity, and by the time I got done I felt like someone had stuck a giant hose right into my chest and sucked out all the energy. I took my little film rangefinder along, and this is the result of trying to shoot while riding, Scooter01 trying to shoot me while we were riding, and trying to shoot backwards while holding the camera over my head and riding. I think the results were pretty good, considering that after the first 10 miles in this heat, I was borderline delirious.

I will be posting more over the next few days when I have the time, from the Sunday ride, the auction, the Friday night Phinney dinner, etc.

This first one is Scooter there in the middle, and Bradford on the left.

BBDave

BumbleBeeDave
06-18-2005, 05:08 PM
. . . in the Zebra stripes of the day. I find that the ’03 stripes are bolder than the ’02 version, and therefore even MORE annoying! ;)

BumbleBeeDave
06-18-2005, 05:11 PM
. . . and if you look closely, you can see Kiefel either telling a story or picking a fight with everyone--I’m not sure which.

BumbleBeeDave
06-18-2005, 05:14 PM
. . . and the Knights Of The Road are ready to sally forth. That’s Ron Kiefel there on the left, Bruce K in the middle, and on the right is Mitch from NYC, who told me this was his first serious riding since coming back from hip surgery rehab. He did pretty d@mn good.

BumbleBeeDave
06-18-2005, 05:16 PM
Kelly Bedford tries desperately to conceal his stomach. Not sure why . . . The jersey sure looks nice, though. He told me it’s a one-off, a demo model he ended up getting because it was an XL.

BumbleBeeDave
06-18-2005, 05:18 PM
We stopped at the truck stop by the freeway and I spied this hot mama raiding the soft drink cooler and just HAD to have my photo taken with her! But it went sour quickly . . . when I tried to strike up a conversation, she muttered, “What a CLOWN!” and stalked out of the store. Sigh . . . :rolleyes:

BumbleBeeDave
06-18-2005, 05:21 PM
What can I say? We’re riding with BOTH a TdF stage winner (Davis) and a Giro stage winner (Ron). I don’t know who SHE was, but I figured if she was with HIM I better stay away! :rolleyes:

BumbleBeeDave
06-18-2005, 05:23 PM
The Queen Bee looked absolutely RESPLENDENT! Tired of my zebra stripes? Too bad! It’s my thread! :rolleyes:

Smiley
06-18-2005, 05:28 PM
What , are you auditioning for a date . Every other picture is a Bee Man , come on women of the world WHAT ...Dave is the cyclist eqivilent of a metro sexual . Where's Spinsistah when you need her to verify this claim . We love you Dave so we kid you . Thanks for posting the photo's :)

David Kirk
06-18-2005, 05:46 PM
Hey,

Cool photos. It was good to see the one and only Mr. Bedford.

I dont' recognize the roads.....where did you guys go?

Dave

Ginger
06-18-2005, 05:50 PM
BBDave, These photos demonstrate perfectly why women generally avoid horizontal stripes.

cool Pics,
thanks for sharing. Sorry I wasn't there.

William
06-18-2005, 07:06 PM
You still owe me $10 for setting you up, and snapping the photo of you with your "Dream Girl". :confused:

Fork it over or I'll pay you a visit....with the Basset. She hasn't done a good "whack" lately and she's gettin ancy. "Swimming with the milk Bones" as she says (hey, she's the boss, she can make up any saying she wants :rolleyes: ).

William ;)

Bill Bove
06-18-2005, 07:44 PM
I don't understand it Dave, 91* heat and your feet were still cold enough that you had to wear booties!?! ;-)

Smiley
06-18-2005, 08:02 PM
Bill , two words ....Metro Sexual :banana:

Kevin
06-18-2005, 08:11 PM
BBdave,

Great photos. Wish I could have made it. The bronchitis has finally left my body and today I got on the bike for the first time in two weeks. I will make it next year.

Kevin

BumbleBeeDave
06-18-2005, 08:54 PM
That’s Serotta Brian Smith at front left, and I THINK that’s VictoryFactory behind him. At center in the yellow I think that’s John Kelly, and at right is one of the team guys from Cleveland. Since it’s still Saturday and Hypnos has not yet purchased his SN masquerade costume, that must be a REAL honest-to-God Sierra Nevada pro behind Victory Factory, and at right rear there’s Serotta Scott in his jersey for the “Cornielle Cycling Club”--whatever the heck THAT is! ;)

BumbleBeeDave
06-18-2005, 08:56 PM
The man we all LOVE to HATE! Memorize that profile and haul out those shotguns!

BumbleBeeDave
06-18-2005, 08:58 PM
. . . tries to remain anonymous in the middle of the bunch. VictoryFactory(?) At left in the orange. Paul Levine runs from certain death at right.

pale scotsman
06-18-2005, 08:59 PM
Cool photos bee man. The shorts and jersey are "ok" but the shoe covers scare the beejesus out of me! ;)

BumbleBeeDave
06-18-2005, 09:00 PM
. . . prepares to, well, climb! What, no red polka-dot bike?

BumbleBeeDave
06-18-2005, 09:01 PM
. . . who these guys are, but they didn’t seem to happy to see me.

BumbleBeeDave
06-18-2005, 09:03 PM
Our support car. It’s yellow. I want it.

BumbleBeeDave
06-18-2005, 09:05 PM
Gladda Seeya! Smiley and Rapid Tourist before the ride. Smile was wiped off RT’s face by end of the ride. She and Sandy got lost and rode 55 miles. :eek:

BumbleBeeDave
06-18-2005, 09:07 PM
Former pro Kiefel has to prep HIS OWN BIKE!

BumbleBeeDave
06-18-2005, 09:09 PM
. . . I’m James and I’m the Sheriff--THAT’S why!

BumbleBeeDave
06-18-2005, 09:12 PM
. . . this guy’s name. I hope he’ll forgive me.

BumbleBeeDave
06-18-2005, 09:14 PM
Don’t try this at home. If I were an amateur this would be called “Accidentally leaving the self-timer activated.” But since I’m a PROFESSIONAL, it’s “artistic experimentation.”

BumbleBeeDave
06-18-2005, 09:17 PM
. . . tries to explain his 2% body fat percentage before the ride. Judy--wife of Larry, wonders if maybe she should move to another table.

BumbleBeeDave
06-18-2005, 09:19 PM
. . . caught in the act. HOW many bagels is that, Bruce? ;)

BumbleBeeDave
06-18-2005, 09:20 PM
. . . to haunt your dreams and turn them to nightmares. I’ll post more tomorrow!

weisan
06-18-2005, 10:00 PM
Thanks BBDave for posting the pictures, now we can put the names with the faces, so muchos gracias!!! Keep em' coming, would you please?!

Climb-O, you looked to be in such fine shape, I should say. All systems go...two more months.

weisan

Smiley
06-18-2005, 11:27 PM
I always forget . . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

. . . this guy’s name. I hope he’ll forgive me.

repeat after me :
Daniel Mancini ...Fit Guru extrodinare from Serotta , better question who's the woman Dave , see that's what were talking about , no chick memory recall :)

Spinsistah
06-19-2005, 08:49 AM
What , are you auditioning for a date . Every other picture is a Bee Man , come on women of the world WHAT ...Dave is the cyclist eqivilent of a metro sexual . Where's Spinsistah when you need her to verify this claim . We love you Dave so we kid you . Thanks for posting the photo's :)

Dave, you REALLY put Mr. Metro to shame. He'll be so impressed when I show him this. :) The Fab Five would love you, especially Carson, the clothing guru. EVERYTHING MATCHES PERFECTLY. I particularly like the striping on your cable housings......

Like the guys said, we kid you cause we love you. :)

Spinsistah
06-19-2005, 08:54 AM
Our support car. It’s yellow. I want it.

I have a friend with a bright yellow car similar to this - we kid him all the time how we're going to put decals on it and turn it into a team car. This is perfect!

Bill Bove
06-19-2005, 08:57 AM
Don’t try this at home. If I were an amateur this would be called “Accidentally leaving the self-timer activated.” But since I’m a PROFESSIONAL, it’s “artistic experimentation.”

"artistic experimentation" my arse, you just had to give us a crotch shot, didn't ya Dave!! Well at least you didn't augment the photo.

Spinsistah
06-19-2005, 08:57 AM
Hey, thanks for posting the pictures, it's good to have faces to go with the chit chat! Really enjoyed them.

BumbleBeeDave
06-19-2005, 09:53 AM
. . . It just takes a while to get them all formatted and toned for uploading.

BBDave

William
06-19-2005, 12:58 PM
I need to find a picture from that fine musical production number Sandy put on after the auction on Saturday night....that was something! :banana: Where did he find all those nurses?? :confused: Anyway, I'm not sure what it was about but it was entertaining. Encore! :banana:

Picture coming soon...

William

;)

victoryfactory
06-19-2005, 04:31 PM
Yo Bbdave That is me in the orange jersey/ white helment

Thanks for making me famous, you must have got these shots before you
dropped me in the "mountains"

Victory Factory,, I did recover to finish with the group, though

PS: Great shots! What a gas it was to ride with all you folks, not to mention tour
vets, legends, and pros. I even got a water bottle from the yellow Mavic car!!

Kevan
06-19-2005, 06:54 PM
excuse me while I return my daughter back to her closet.

BumbleBeeDave
06-19-2005, 07:47 PM
. . . how old she is.

Or if she LIKES stripes. (Insert leering smiley here if one was available!)

BBDave

BumbleBeeDave
06-19-2005, 07:54 PM
. . . I have been trying today to post some additional images in a new thread from the picnic and the Sunday ride, but I keep getting error messages saying they “are not valid images.” I’m not sure why, since they are exactly the same format as the ones I posted in this thread. Perhaps the Serotta server is afraid they may be more photos of me in stripes? :eek:

Anyway, I will call Sheriff James tomorrow and see if we can work this out and I will get more posted from other parts of the weekend ASAP. And I’m glad everyone is enjoying them. It was fun making them and riding with all my forum friends! :D

BBDave

gasman
06-19-2005, 09:00 PM
BB Dave-
Thanks for posting the open house photos. It makes those of use on the best coast jealous.
I don't have any photos from the Tour de Eugene-no digital camera-no Ben,no Davis, no Ron but mostly no BB Dave so why bother ? :D

BumbleBeeDave
06-19-2005, 09:15 PM
I’ll bet you say that to ALL the TdF stage winners, world-class bicycle craftsmen, and weird guys in zebra stripe kit you see on the roads! :rolleyes:

BBDave

bcm119
06-19-2005, 09:30 PM
BB Dave-
Thanks for posting the open house photos. It makes those of use on the best coast jealous.
I don't have any photos from the Tour de Eugene-no digital camera-no Ben,no Davis, no Ron but mostly no BB Dave so why bother ? :D

More importantly, no *waterproof* digital camera.

BBDave, keep the pictures coming, I'm enjoying them too. But where are the pics of Big William?

William
06-20-2005, 04:51 AM
More importantly, no *waterproof* digital camera.

BBDave, keep the pictures coming, I'm enjoying them too. But where are the pics of Big William?

I tend to adhere to the "Hide in plain sight" rule so I usually get over looked when the cameras come out. But, BBDave did catch me doing my warm-up before the Saturday ride.

William ;)

PS: Sorry, the Serotta server is not letting me up-load photos. Seems to be a problem that others have encountered as well this weekend. ~Oh James!~

weisan
06-20-2005, 08:26 PM
Is there any way we can get someone to "narrate" or at least provide names of people in the open house pictures posted by Serotta here?
http://www.serotta.com/pages/gallery.html#
(Look for **2005 Open House**) :cool:

BBDave...since you are not able to post pictures...er...care to volunteer?

Bruce K
06-21-2005, 07:25 AM
Dave;

Great Pictures.

I just got back from another Florida trip. Dad is out of the ICU and has been moved to a rehab hospital - YAHOO!!! Still a long way to go.

Bill Bove and Mike his mechanic are great. 4 days on a Da Rosa King were lots of fun. This after a CSI and a new Orbea Orca. I have no idea what they will have waiting for me in 2 weeks. Bill has been a gracious ride host. I also finally met Don Braverman out on the road. A real gentleman.

Dave, they guy standing next to me in photo 1 is Larry Dunn (Larry D) from Massachusetts.

And thanks so much for the flattering photo #2. That was bagel #1 thank you very much.

I love your "portrait of a knee as a who knows what".

Once again, a great photo essay of a fun weekend.

BK

Smiley
06-21-2005, 07:44 AM
Bruce , great news on you dad , the Boca Boys and Girls are a nice bunch , we would love to have Don and his wife present back up north in Merryland . Fact is I have been thinking of a Merryland Serotta weekend here . I am mulling ideas and logistics .

BumbleBeeDave
06-21-2005, 08:48 AM
That is GREAT to hear about your Dad. But it is a very long road and the next few months will tell a lot about how far he will ultimately recover.

That's Larry next to you? Oops. Honestly thought it was Mitch. I guess I didn't recognize Larry because every time I saw him that weekend he had his great big Oakley's on!

I will post many more photos as soon as the photo upload problem gets resolved.

BBDave

Len J
06-21-2005, 08:50 AM
and Bill being a great host is no surprise to me having met him.

Len

Bruce K
06-21-2005, 10:30 AM
Thanks guys.

Yes, we still have a long way to go, but just the simple situation of being able to call him on the telephone and have him answer, if only for a few brief sentences is so overwhelming I can't begin to tell you.

I WILL have to give you a novice's view of the "West Palm Beach World Sprint Championships" or whatever they call teh Saturday morning ride down there. It was the most amazing/astonishing group ride I have EVER been on! :eek:

I will also have to give ride evaluations for all these whiz-bang bikes that Bill and Mike keep letting me ride.

There is a pretty cool Wiliers Karbon still waiting for a test... :D

BK

BK

Kevin
06-21-2005, 05:37 PM
Bruce,

Great to hear about Dad.

Kevin

Rapid Tourist
06-21-2005, 07:24 PM
Bee Man, great photos and thanks so much for posting! Queen Bee is even more impressive in person!

Bruce K. So glad to hear about your dad and it was great to meet you!

Smiley, count me in for Merryland adventures! Its always a treat to ride with you.

Yes, the Tourist and Sandy took an extended route on the Saturday ride after getting LOST. I did 51 miles, and Sandy did 55 miles. A kind Saratoga native took pitty us and gave us water and electrolytes :) after getting us back on track. It gave the Tourist an opportunity to pursue her true passion, touring at a leisurely pace with the best riding partner of all time, SANDY.

SANDY, thanks for putting up with me on the Saturday ride.

Sandy
06-21-2005, 07:58 PM
Second best! You are the best! ;)

Second Sandy