PDA

View Full Version : how do i unsubscribe?

vqdriver
05-24-2011, 06:02 PM
i posted in the classifieds feedback thread a while back. but as we know, it's one of the longest and continuous threads going on. i tried to unsubscribe from it by clicking on the "do not receive updates" link in the email so i don't get email reminders but i get a message saying i don't have the authority to do that.
is there another way?

dave thompson
05-24-2011, 06:10 PM
i posted in the classifieds feedback thread a while back. but as we know, it's one of the longest and continuous threads going on. i tried to unsubscribe from it by clicking on the "do not receive updates" link in the email so i don't get email reminders but i get a message saying i don't have the authority to do that.
is there another way?
On the blue bar right above the first post in the thread you don't want to subscribe to, click on 'thread tools' and in the drop-down click on 'unsubscribe to this thread'. Done.

Don49
05-24-2011, 06:13 PM
You can also manage your subscriptions in the "User CP" (control panel) on the toolbar.

vqdriver
05-24-2011, 06:16 PM
On the blue bar right above the first post in the thread you don't want to subscribe to, click on 'thread tools' and in the drop-down click on 'unsubscribe to this thread'. Done.

yeah, tried that already, same message.
vqdriver, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

don, it doesn't show in my list of subscribed threads. in fact, hardly any do altho i get updates for many.

Don49
05-24-2011, 06:35 PM
don, it doesn't show in my list of subscribed threads. in fact, hardly any do altho i get updates for many.

Sounds like a site issue. I'd make one of the moderators aware of it.

Mr. Squirrel
05-24-2011, 08:27 PM
you must ask me nicely to remove you from the list. that and send me nuts and a new set of nice shiny wheels to accomplish this for you.

your friend,
mr. squirrel

Nil Else
05-24-2011, 08:44 PM
1. Go to the "list of Subscription" under "Subscribed Threads" in 'User CP'

2. Select the thread you want unsubscribed (by clicking/adding 'check mark' in the square at the end).

3. At the bottom of the list find the "Selected Thread: Move the thread" on the blue bar.

4. Scroll down to "Delete Subscription" and click "Go"

This is just like how you delete PMs.

vqdriver
05-25-2011, 12:08 AM
Just tried it. Same message when I click on list subscriptions.

Nil Else
05-25-2011, 12:21 AM
Everything else work okay in User CP?

Don49
05-25-2011, 12:58 AM
At this point I'd suggest just doing what the squirrel wants.