PDA

View Full Version : Most popular TT angle for Legend

RJC
05-24-2011, 04:21 PM
Following helpful posts in response to my question on the ST/ti seat stay debate, the next question is about TT angle. It's a personal thing, sure. I'm not a traditionalist, so zero degrees is out of the question (sorry if that's a heresy to some of you). Somewhere between 2 and 7 degrees will suit me. What slope do you have on your Legend(s)? I'll go with the majority.

Louis
05-24-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm not a traditionalist
:
:
I'll go with the majority.

I find this amusing. :)

tuscanyswe
05-24-2011, 04:45 PM
Think you would want to factor in size of the bike and how much seatpost will be exposed. I find alot of bikes look better with some degee of slope if the rider has shortish legs (like me) so we can still get some seatpost exposed but for me its a balance game. A well balanced bikes looks good. To much slope looks weird. Id say around 6 is the limit before it looks abit goofy but depends on size etc imo.

Moots compacts wich i have and love has a 6degree slope wich i thought perhaps was abit much when i bought it but now i think its perfect. Take a look on that in a similar size as your building for reference perhaps.

Jason E
05-24-2011, 05:07 PM
I agree with Louis... Why don't you go with your builder?

I like a shallow slope as well, if not zero, compared to a full 7 or greater, but why not see what your fit is and then design around the most important part... The Ride...

Jeff N.
05-24-2011, 09:51 PM
Level. Zero. But if you must have slope, 2 degrees at the most.

jpw
05-25-2011, 03:58 AM
Level. Zero. But if you must have slope, 2 degrees at the most.

This is good.

6 would be way too much.

jpw
05-25-2011, 04:03 AM
Following helpful posts in response to my question on the ST/ti seat stay debate, the next question is about TT angle. It's a personal thing, sure. I'm not a traditionalist, so zero degrees is out of the question (sorry if that's a heresy to some of you). Somewhere between 2 and 7 degrees will suit me. What slope do you have on your Legend(s)? I'll go with the majority.

I have 2.

Try to get the head tube and seat post lengths as close to being the same as possible.

N.B. It's almost impossible to get it 'exactly' right first time around with reference only to numbers and a diagram on a piece of paper. The perfect bike will always be the second one, designed with reference to the first.

slowgoing
05-25-2011, 06:30 AM
The majority of us have 0. Now what are you gonna do?

dekindy
05-25-2011, 06:43 AM
Try to get the head tube and seat post lengths as close to being the same as possible.

I like dry humor.

The ready cusotom slope ranges between 7 and 7.9. The Fierte was even more sloped than that. I really liked the Fierte look. However as I am looking at the current ready custom models I like the look of some but not others even though it is the same slope on all. Maybe it comes down to tube size, material, color, etc. as far as visual appeal for me. I am not going to analyze it because I am not considering custom for myself.

I really like the level top tube of my Legend that I purchased after the Fierte which kind of surprised me since I thought that I preferred sloping top tubes.

I am sure none of this helps other than when considering custom the choices are mind boggling. I would tend to let the form follow the function so definitely use whatever slope is needed to get a comfortable standover height and then resort to the appeal of various slopes in relation to the specific bike.