PDA

View Full Version : Guru "New Steel" - Any thoughts?

InspectorGadget
05-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Now that I've sold my Colnago, the search is on for both complete bikes and framesets. I came across a Guru New Steel frameset for sale locally. Interestly enough, as I was searching for information about the Guru, I came across SBash's thread in the Classified (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=54215) forum.

I think it's interesting because the frame I am looking at is the very same frame SBash had listed his Classified thread. In fact, both ads are word-for-word and the photos are the same.

Coincidence aside, has anybody owned or ridden the New Steel?

Joachim
05-24-2011, 12:58 PM
I have not ridden the EOM or SAT tubesets, but I read through the thread and if it's in great condition, selling for that price and it fits....I'll be all over it.

Germany_chris
05-24-2011, 02:15 PM
That is a beautiful frame!!

I don't think you could go wrong it is a Guru

Black Dog
05-24-2011, 02:19 PM
The Guru is a great frame and the build quality is very good. I have ridden one (a friends) and it is a very nice ride. Tracks very well and quite stiff. It is pure breed race bike. I have lusted after one for quite some time.

jpw
05-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Carbon seat stays?

InspectorGadget
05-24-2011, 03:11 PM
Carbon seat stays?As I've been trying to find information about the New Steel model, I've seen them with full carbon rear ends and carbon seat stays. According to Guru, the description given is all the information they could provide except the year it was built. I need to send them the serial number, but we know it's at least 2 years old based on SBash's thread. I've sent SBash a PM asking for input.

swatson
06-18-2011, 05:26 PM
I aquired the frame from my father, he passed away about three months ago-

If their are questions please do not hesistate to get a hold of me-

Thanks,
Scott

swg
06-18-2011, 09:56 PM
I have one with full carbon rear end. Rides great and is a good climber.

Will post some pics in a day or two.