PDA

View Full Version : Giro Coverage

dumbod
05-22-2011, 05:13 PM
I'm surprised to admit it but Todd Gogulski is really starting to grow on me. Maybe I'm just tired of the Phil & Paul show (and Bobke shtick got old long ago) but Gogulski seems to be actually following the race and willing to discuss strategy and actually suggest that riders/teams made mistakes. Granted there aren't a lot of Americans in the Giro but Schlanger/Gogulski don't pander to Anglophone audiences the way the Phaul do.

My only criticism is that the picture quality sucks and blows at the same time. I don't know if it's because I don't get Universal in HD but anything that makes Modesto look prettier than Italy has got to go.

pbbob
05-22-2011, 05:48 PM
I agree. I also liked his silly remark about the cow with the white balloon standing among the cows with the pink balloons. "Must be for the best young cow"

bronk
05-22-2011, 07:14 PM
...just tired of the Phil & Paul show (and Bobke shtick got old long ago).

agree. Phil I can take. Paul not so much. Go gogo.

Elefantino
05-22-2011, 08:19 PM
I am beginning to like them both more and more.

They're not quite in the Harmon and Kelly league yet, tho

bicycletricycle
05-22-2011, 08:24 PM
i no like, i want phil.

jvp
05-22-2011, 08:27 PM
I like phil and paul fine but don't care for the "side stories" that always seem to interrupt "live" coverage of the TOC.

biker72
05-22-2011, 08:31 PM
Todd Gogulski hasn’t been on TV very long. He started in 2009 so he has some time to mature as an analyst. I like him...:)

rice rocket
05-23-2011, 12:22 AM
http://cdn4.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/2011/05/22/2/h_600.jpg

HEYOOOO! :cool:

oldpotatoe
05-23-2011, 07:36 AM
I'm surprised to admit it but Todd Gogulski is really starting to grow on me. Maybe I'm just tired of the Phil & Paul show (and Bobke shtick got old long ago) but Gogulski seems to be actually following the race and willing to discuss strategy and actually suggest that riders/teams made mistakes. Granted there aren't a lot of Americans in the Giro but Schlanger/Gogulski don't pander to Anglophone audiences the way the Phaul do.

My only criticism is that the picture quality sucks and blows at the same time. I don't know if it's because I don't get Universal in HD but anything that makes Modesto look prettier than Italy has got to go.

I like it cuz it's the bike race, bike racing and nothing else. No, "I paid for a 'tech spot so I can talk about zertz fittings on this frame'", type crappola. No small segments about somebody's home life and dog..just the race, I like that.

Fixed
05-23-2011, 07:51 AM
i watch it on steephill it is great i am enjoying it
cheers

dumbod
05-23-2011, 08:28 AM
I like it cuz it's the bike race, bike racing and nothing else. No, "I paid for a 'tech spot so I can talk about zertz fittings on this frame'", type crappola. No small segments about somebody's home life and dog..just the race, I like that.

I agree. A three-minute spot on Clean Bottles, not to mention Phil mentioning it every day, was over the top.

jpw
05-23-2011, 09:00 AM
I agree. A three-minute spot on Clean Bottles, not to mention Phil mentioning it every day, was over the top.

Yes, that was disappointingly cynical. However, I know Phil and his wife both ride Ottrott SE bikes so they've got to pay for them somehow :-)