PDA

View Full Version : Corsa and CSi...life is good

Dr. Doofus
02-07-2004, 09:47 PM
The Still-Chilled Doctor Says:

Ain't it funny how some bikes reveal the genius of their builders under the right set of circumstances. Nice day today for some power training on the flat crap roads of this part of South Carolina: 45, wind 20-25, no sun...perfect for sitting in the drops for a couple hours and grinding away at the many earth-shoe profiled stretches of blacktop in these parts (several 200m-1K stretches of lasagna-undulating, weather-wobbled 'top that was terrible when it was "even," and is now very similar to smooth/small cobbles, and they make a nice bump bump bump when you ride over them, complete with lovely jarring sensations and wheel-wrecking capabilities if you don't sit back on that saddle, get some booty into it and stay smooth). Given the theme of the day, the Doc and I grabbed the Corsa.

Per-fec-tion.

As good as the CSi is, it doesn't feel as stable or as "strong" as the Corsa does on the really cruddy parts or on the gravel, where the Eddy just rolls and rolls and rolls...his bikes were meant for this....

Tomorrow, time to head west of town for some 3-5 minute hills, lots of 1-2k 5-10% lung-wetters on some very nice roads. Pour cela, le CSi.... Ben's bike leaves the Corsa wanting here...something about those tubes and stays that climb beautifully and dive back down like an F-16. NO complaints, and ya'll can't stick your Ti up yer....

In an ideal world, I'd have about ten bikes the Doc would let me use, and each one would reveal its magic under the right circumstances...but we don't, so to hell with it.

But the rest of you: where and how have you found yer machines to be at their best?