PDA

View Full Version : Moots Vamoots 55cm, Reynolds Ouzo Pro, Chris King headset *SOLD*

tamjam
05-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Selling my Moots Vamoots frame. I bought the frame Nov 10th last year from a fellow forumite. I had always wanted to try a Moots, so I built it up, rode it a handful of times (less than 5, literally. We had a very wet winter out here in the Bay Area), then this spring got the chance to buy back my old Retrotec (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=88840&highlight=retrotec), so this needs to go to someone who'll ride it. It was sold to me as a 2005, but Moots ran the S/N and apparently it's a 2004.

To my eye, the frame is in beautiful shape, but it is ~7 years old and has been ridden, so is not factory-perfect. It has some very light scuff marks/scratches on the drive-side seat stay, and a faint scratch on the underside of the downtube. Nothing serious, and it was very difficult to capture in the pictures. If you're looking to score a Moots at 50% off retail that would be easily confused for new, you might want to keep looking.

55cm ETT
55cm ST (c-t)
52cm ST (c-c)
73.25 STA
72.75 HTA
Approx 4 degree TT slope
17cm HT, 1 1/8"
41.2cm chainstays
takes a 32mm clamp FD, 27.2 seatpost, and 68mm English BB
Campy braze-on adapter included

First $1,500 takes it. I also have a Reynolds Ouzo Pro carbon fork w/24cm steerer (on this frame it's cut for no spacer under the stem and a 1cm spacer on top) and a red Chris King sotto voce headset that I used on the bike. Package deals encouraged. Make me an offer. I can install the headset prior to shipping. You'll need a compression plug for the fork.

Forgot to mention, I am looking for a set of Stan's Crest or 355 29er/700c disc wheels, so would accept those plus cash as a trade.

Noise
05-19-2011, 03:50 PM
PM SENT

tamjam
05-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Still available. Many tire-kickers, a low-ball offer, a couple "I'll take it" (but still no payment made), and I even issued a paypal refund to someone this morning after discovering that he thought my asking price included the headset and fork.

Apologies for any confusion I may have caused if my ad was not clear. I am asking $1,500 shipped for the frame, but also have a King headset and Ouzo Pro fork available that were used on the frame should someone want to make an offer for a package deal. To those who have asked via PM, I've offered the headset to them for $50 and fork for $75. That offer is open to anyone interested (with purchase of frame only).

My personal selling policy is the person with the fastest Paypal finger gets it. I know many here have more patience than I and are willing to wait, but I see no other way to handle things when I get multiple "I'll take it and will send the paypal" and then never receive anything.

InspectorGadget
05-20-2011, 10:50 AM
As you know, I am interested. However, I am about to show my complete Colnago to a potential buyer. If he were to buy the bike, I would no longer have the parts to build the Moots. It's a delicate balance.

xjahx
05-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Done and done. Thanks, Brian.

xjahx
06-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Guys, 1 day after purchasing this from TamJam, I won the Vamoots SL 56cm on ebay from happycampyer, also a forum member.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=160588963459&si=0cVjfK5HJ41j8P4riMjkmkVQ0C8%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

If anyone wants this 55cm Moots Vamoots frameset for the $1500 that I have in it, let me know.