PDA

View Full Version : Mainstream Media catches up to custom builders.

Len J
05-17-2011, 12:27 PM
my 15 minutes of fame.... :) :rolleyes:

Len

gdw
05-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Are you Jesse James?

fiamme red
05-17-2011, 12:55 PM
What's a "man's garden"? :confused:

sg8357
05-17-2011, 01:09 PM
What's a "man's garden"? :confused:

You have to be from San Francisco to understand.

130R
05-17-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm so glad Black Cat Bicycles got some recognition.

I bet at least half the people here don't know who he is.

Mr. Squirrel
05-17-2011, 03:39 PM
are there nuts in a mans garden?

mr. squirrel

BumbleBeeDave
05-17-2011, 04:12 PM
. . . Richie sure looks different on the cover! I knew they usually do some retouching for the covers, but that's a bit extreme. I wonder if he gets to keep the toupee?

Has anybody read the story? Does he get to say AT--well, YOU know! . . . :rolleyes:

BBD

Lurch
05-17-2011, 04:41 PM
That's a good cross section of the customer builder that get it ( :p ) with regards to aggresive marketing of their brands. They're brand building and driving that name recognition out there, and their wait list shows it.

rounder
05-17-2011, 10:10 PM
For me, i love my k. bedford and it is everything i could ever want and more in a custom bike. I just wanted to say that if they were both available then when i made my decison, (R. Sachs and K Bedford) it would have been a hard decision whether to go with kelly or to go with an atmo bike. To me, they both know their stuff as well as anyone. I would go with Kelly without looking back, but R. Sachs makes beautiful bikes.

Louis
05-17-2011, 11:56 PM
Silly author / editor.

Why can't steel be a high-performance material? (I can't read the whole thing, so I don't know if they take that back later in the story, but that line sure perpetuates a stupid myth.)

Louis

BumbleBeeDave
05-18-2011, 05:59 AM
For me, i love my k. bedford and it is everything i could ever want and more in a custom bike. I just wanted to say that if they were both available then when i made my decison, (R. Sachs and K Bedford) it would have been a hard decision whether to go with kelly or to go with an atmo bike. To me, they both know their stuff as well as anyone. I would go with Kelly without looking back, but R. Sachs makes beautiful bikes.

. . . but when I go custom I'd like to ride it sooner than 7 years from now.

BBD