PDA

View Full Version : Inserting Image off a Mac

noonan1970
05-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Hey there, Keith A was helping me to insert an Image by right clicking on the image to get the URL, but I have a Mac.

Could anyone give me a hand? Thanks Tim

sean
05-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Control + click on the mouse is the same function. However, the newer mac mouse has a right click by just clicking on the right side.

noonan1970
05-17-2011, 11:39 AM
but it does not give me the URL?

Nil Else
05-17-2011, 11:40 AM
or two finger tap on the touch pad...

Here is what I do (but may be there is better option):

1. Go to this image host site (or any image host site of your choice) - http://imageshack.us/?no_multi=1 - no need to sign up for this purpose.

2. Click on "choose file" and go to wherever the pic you want to post is on your Mac (mine are mostly on desk top folders or iPhoto) and choose a pic.

3. Choose image size: "640x480 (for message boards)" gives you optimum pic size without becoming way enormous and messes up everyone's posts and make the thread replies difficult to read.

4. Click on "Upload Now" button at Imageshark and once the pic is uploaded it will give different URL options.

5. Copy the "forum code" URL, click on the "Insert Image" icon on the forum posting tool bar and paste in the"Insert Image" window field.

6. If you want to post more pix just click the back button from the Imageshark page and repeat the process again for the next pic (I found it's easier and works without glitch this way than trying to up/download multiple pix).

Mahbe there's easier (shorter steps) way to do this... then I'd like to know...

bigflax925
05-17-2011, 11:42 AM
In OSX, you can hold the "control" key and click the mouse. In the window that pops up go down to "Copy Image Address."

noonan1970
05-17-2011, 11:53 AM
I have OSX but don't have the option of copying Image address. There is "copy" which I did but does not seem to work when I paste in the image?

ergott
05-17-2011, 12:23 PM
Could be flash instead of an image.

I use a Microsoft mouse with my Macbook Pro (the horror!!!!). I would never buy a mouse (Mac) that is purposefully limited in function. The Microsoft two button mouse (as well as any other) is plug and play into a Mac.

noonan1970
05-17-2011, 12:35 PM
That worked!!

Nil Else
05-17-2011, 12:51 PM
That worked!!

Cool. :beer: