PDA

View Full Version : Unsolicited promotion!

Spectrum Bob
06-15-2005, 02:16 PM
Check out Tom’s Bike Of The Year
http://www.spectrum-cycles.com/56.htm
I think it’s amazing!

Sandy
06-15-2005, 02:20 PM
Beautiful bike. Really. But I'll take Colby any day. Tom Kellogg produces simply stunning creations, but a distant second to Colby and the rest of the bow wows in the world.

Saluki Sandy

weisan
06-15-2005, 02:29 PM
Tom-pal is not gonna like me anymore, maybe he never did. So, what the heck, here goes.... what bike you talkin' abot? I just saw a bunch of holes drilled all over that poor dog. :D

weisan

H.Frank Beshear
06-15-2005, 08:44 PM
Sweet

Too Tall
06-16-2005, 06:51 AM
Thanks Bobbr.

Tom I have not felt goosebumps just looking at a bike since our first PBP. I remember the exact moment too...we were returning from Brest. Humping the tandem up a hill we saw a dim light mounted low in a chainstay already well up the hill...it was one of many stalwart older French gents we'd see riding Herse and Singer bikes that which were young bikes compared to the strong fellows riding them. The older French riders have a style of climbing that can best be described as a stair climbing with a load on your back. Once you've see it you'll never forget. At the time our inexperienced eyes did not see all the details of these fine bikes that we are aware of...we simply were in awe of these men who with support from their families returned to PBP as anciens and with love of the sport and culture.

Your bike reminds me of ALL that AND it gives me goosebumps.

I have to ask, did you dream up the fender bumper? Neat. Will he use the bike for PBP? It will draw alot of attention from the fans.

davep
06-16-2005, 10:53 AM
Spectacular! Great work. Tom is building me a similar bike, but titanium and no front rack, but with room for fenders, generator hub, rear rack. I hope it turns out half as nice (and if I stay out of it and let them do the job I know it will.)

Tom Kellogg
06-16-2005, 02:24 PM
Too:

I don't know if the customer will go over to france. Although the bike will work perfectly well over there, it is perfectly suited for more "American" roads. If I had designed it for Europe (or is that "Old" Europe?) I would have used a slacker front end with somewhat less trail and a longer rear end. Climbing would have suffered, but NOTHING would have upset its tracking.

The "fender bumper" acutally comes with the Berthoud fenders. Pretty cool.

This bike was the kind of challange that we do appreciate being given. It keeps us thinking. That is always good for folks as old as we are...

weisan
06-16-2005, 03:26 PM
This bike was the kind of challange that we do appreciate being given. It keeps us thinking. That is always good for folks as old as we are...

"Too many exposed holes!!!"

So, Tom-pal, how do you like my comment? :D

You got time for a magic show (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?p=98969)??! ;)

csb
06-16-2005, 03:42 PM
that craftsmanship brings tears to my eyes