PDA

View Full Version : Jerseys--We're getting' close!

BumbleBeeDave
05-16-2011, 06:58 PM
Almost final renderings . . . You will have to wait for the accessory images.

I am aiming to have an order page up by end of next week. The order page will go up on BikeReg.com with all the items available for ordering. This order page will have only small renderings of each item. This is where people will actually order via credit card.

At the same time I will post a thread and stick it at the top the forum. It will contain detailed descriptions of each item, order procedures, sizing (with measurements provided by Keith), a link to the actual order page, and answers to the most frequently asked questions so far in the process. It will contain detailed larger renderings of each item.

We will have both color schemes and Jeanne has made matching designs for all the accessory items. It is also the place where people can ask sizing questions and where Keith, Bruce, and I can answer those questions based on our experience with the samples.

In the meantime between now and the time the order page goes up, Jeanne will be finalizing the designs and it will give Keith, Bruce, and I time to try on sample jerseys and return to Verge.

We have not yet determined exactly what sizing cuts to offer. That's one reason why the three of us are trying on samples. We also have not yet determined exactly how much interest there is in women's sizes. If you are a woman besides 1Happygirl or SC53 and you are interested in purchasing, you need to let me know now, as we have to be assured of selling at least 6 women's jerseys to meet minimum.

The order page will remain up for THREE weeks. Verge is giving us a great deal on pricing. There will be a mandatory $15 charge on each individual's total order for individualized ordering via credit card and individualized shipping. This is a good deal. If it was all re-shipped to me I would have to get at least $10 extra from everyone anyway and it would be a nightmare!

This way people can order with credit cards and I don't have to handle any money or re-shipping. Verge does not do overseas shipping, but if you are overseas don't lose hope. I am working on ways to get you your order.

It's taken a while but we are getting very close!

BBD

Bruce K
05-16-2011, 07:06 PM
I have some current Verge kit here now. Size Large bibs and size Large sport cut jersey.

Samples will give me some insight into other cuts and the Medium sizing.

I can answer questions relative to Voler, Sugoi, Hincapie, Champion, Garneau, Shaversport (jerseys only), Pactimo, Vermarc, Craft (limited), Assos (shorts), and Castelli (Serotta stuff).

BK

dekindy
05-16-2011, 08:33 PM
Really sharp design! Really like the leg accents and revised design on the bibs! Is it going to have Ben's signature as indicated?

1happygirl
05-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Gettin' close.

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH :hello:

BumbleBeeDave
05-16-2011, 09:03 PM
Really sharp design! Really like the leg accents and revised design on the bibs! Is it going to have Ben's signature as indicated?

. . . affirmative on the signature! :beer:

BBD

Louis
05-16-2011, 09:42 PM
I have to say, I'm glad the red also made the cut. The black/white/gray looks pretty bland to me.

Edit: Lest I be accused of fixating on how things look, there is a very practical reason to want to stand out while on the road.

dekindy
05-16-2011, 10:49 PM
It looks to me like either jersey would go nicely with both style bibs? Same colors, correct? Please correct me if I am way off base!

Keith A
05-17-2011, 08:39 AM
This is turning out to be a really nice looking kit!

bobswire
05-17-2011, 09:16 AM
I really like the kit, my problem is if a get the kit I will need get a Serotta frame to go with it.
:bike:

Tailwinds
05-17-2011, 09:25 AM
Looking good! I'm interested in a women's jersey (preferably race cut, definitely NOT club cut) and perhaps women's shorts, too.

dekindy
05-17-2011, 10:55 AM
This is turning out to be a really nice looking kit!

+100. Very excellent!

FlashUNC
05-17-2011, 12:14 PM
I have to say, I'm glad the red also made the cut. The black/white/gray looks pretty bland to me.

Edit: Lest I be accused of fixating on how things look, there is a very practical reason to want to stand out while on the road.

Certainly agree with that point. I wear as obnoxious a color combination as I can on the road, just so I can be seen.

1happygirl
05-17-2011, 09:58 PM
Looking good! I'm interested in a women's jersey (preferably race cut, definitely NOT club cut) and perhaps women's shorts, too.

Awww. go for the club cut instead :)

skipper
05-17-2011, 10:14 PM
@ Dave; The kit looks superb! Are we going to look like twins?
Skip

BumbleBeeDave
05-18-2011, 05:58 AM
@ Dave; The kit looks superb! Are we going to look like twins?
Skip

She is the artist! I guarantee you will like the accessories, too.

BBD

Bruce K
05-18-2011, 03:59 PM
The package of samples arrived today. I will be trying on stuff for comparison tonight.

Are there any particular brands/cuts people want comparison information about? I have kit from a wide variety of manufacturers (see my previous post) that I can do comparisons with.

Let me know as I plan to ship this stuff back to Dave by Friday night or Saturday morning at the latest.

BK

1happygirl
05-18-2011, 04:13 PM
The package of samples arrived today. I will be trying on stuff for comparison tonight.

BK
pix of u in the stuff?

Keith A
05-18-2011, 04:19 PM
pix of u in the stuff?I'm not Bruce, but I did take several pictures of me in some of the jerseys. I'll try and post them this evening or tomorrow.

BumbleBeeDave
05-18-2011, 04:33 PM
I'm not Bruce, but I did take several pictures of me in some of the jerseys. I'll try and post them this evening or tomorrow.

. . . take note! They don't call him "Ah-nold" down at the surf club for nuthin'! :D

BBD

Keith A
05-18-2011, 05:18 PM
. . . take note! They don't call him "Ah-nold" down at the surf club for nuthin'! :D Except, I'm pretty sure that "Ah-nold" can't fit into a Medium Race cut jersey :rolleyes:

Maybe you're talking about this guy...

http://smhspanthers.k12tn.net/web_student_projects/Melody_site/images/images/Nickelodeon/Hey%20arnold.jpg

Hawker
05-18-2011, 05:22 PM
Bruce,
I'd like to know how they might compare to some of the Performance stuff, if possible.

Bruce K
05-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Sorry, I don't have any Performance stuff to compare it to.

I don't own any.

You'll have to go by Keith's measurements.

BK

Louis
05-18-2011, 06:07 PM
Instead of "comparing to brand X" why don't you guys choose some standard measurements (pit-pit, width at bottom, front and rear length, etc.) and post them for each size and cut?

That way there's no subjective guessing involved.

Louis

Bruce K
05-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Louis;

The measurements were posted in the next to last posting of the "5-13" thread which is still a sticky just a couple of threads below this one.

I was offering the comparisons as sometimes different manufacturers don't have the exact same dimensions or shape.

If this is not helpful to anyone I will just pack the samples up and ship them back to Dave on Friday.

BK

Louis
05-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Louis;

The measurements were posted in the next to last posting of the "5-13" thread which is still a sticky just a couple of threads below this one.

I was offering the comparisons as sometimes different manufacturers don't have the exact same dimensions or shape.

If this is not helpful to anyone I will just pack the samples up and ship them back to Dave on Friday.

BK

Thanks Bruce. That's exactly what I had in mind and a great help. I hadn't noticed that post. (We have several "Jersey Threads")

Louis

Keith A
05-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Instead of "comparing to brand X" why don't you guys choose some standard measurements (pit-pit, width at bottom, front and rear length, etc.) and post them for each size and cut?

That way there's no subjective guessing involved.

LouisHere are the measurements that I did on the sample jerseys...

http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=81629&stc=1

BumbleBeeDave
05-18-2011, 09:49 PM
. . . and info from the Verge sizing chart when the jerseys go on sale. We are trying to post as many measurements as possible every which way for Sunday so hopefully everyone will be able to find some frame of reference for themselves. I want nothing but happy customers!

BBD

Louis
05-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Dave,

Do we know yet if all three cuts will be available for both versions of the jersey?

Thanks

BumbleBeeDave
05-18-2011, 10:31 PM
That's part of why Bruce, Keith, and myself are all trying on samples. Then we can confabulate and decide what to offer.

BBD

Hawker
05-19-2011, 08:38 AM
I don't see any measurements for size Small. That would be helpful.

Thanks.

Keith A
05-19-2011, 09:04 AM
I don't see any measurements for size Small. That would be helpful.

Thanks.We didn't get any small jerseys. You'll have to take the information from Verge's website (http://www.vergesport.com/sizing) and then use my measurements to figure out what it might be. If you look at the pit to pit measurement, the differences between the cuts are about 1" and I would expect the small race cut to be 19.5"

Bruce K
05-19-2011, 08:14 PM
I guess it comes from riding in the rain after cabin fever starts to set in.

I posted a whole description of the cuts to the other jersey thread.

So here it is copied and pasted: :rolleyes:

OK gang, here's my 2 cents on the cuts from Verge.

Since I don't fit mediums I can only speak based on larges.

I am 5'-8" and 198# & a little wide in the shoulder and chest (size 42 - 44 suit jacket).

I wear a large from many manufacturers (Voler, Shaversport, Verge) in their club cut and an XL in race cut. For brands like Sugoi, Garneau, Pactimo, and Vermarc I am a definite XL.

In the Verge, the race cut is a real race cut. Slim and trim. I would need an XL to fit one.

In the sport cut I can wear a large and it looks like a race cuit on me. snug but not overly tight, comfortable in the shoulders.

The club cut is a little looser and would be comfortable for folks who don;t want a "racer" look or fell. It is comfortable without being baggy or looking like you bought the wrong size.

That's a bout the best I can offer unless someone has a specific question.

I am shipping the sample off to Dave tomorrow.

BK

Keith A
05-20-2011, 09:00 AM
Here is some more input on the jersey fit. I'm 5'10" and 155lbs and the attached pictures are me with the medium race, medium sport and large race jerseys shown in that order. The medium race is a very tight fit for me...it is wearable, but I will most likely order the large race cut.

Hawker
05-20-2011, 09:16 AM
I was hoping for a Small club cut. Are all the samples either Race or Sport?

Thanks.

Keith A
05-20-2011, 09:24 AM
As I understand (BBDave correct me if I'm wrong), if we have enough orders for each cut (minimum of 6), then all three cuts will be available in all sizes. The colors matter too, so in order to have all cuts, in all sizes, in both colors we would need 6 race, 6 sport and 6 club in red, and 6 race, 6 sport and 6 club in silver.

Bruce K
05-20-2011, 03:32 PM
Samples on the way to BBD.

Should arrive Monday.

For some reason I thought we could mix cuts - just not men's and women's - to make minimums of each color.

BK

BumbleBeeDave
05-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Here is some more input on the jersey fit. I'm 5'10" and 155lbs and the attached pictures are me with the medium race, medium sport and large race jerseys shown in that order. The medium race is a very tight fit for me...it is wearable, but I will most likely order the large race cut.

The shifty-eyed looking guy in the middle! HE did it! :rolleyes:

BBD

steampunk
05-21-2011, 01:27 PM
We didn't get any small jerseys.

are you talking about samples?

but small jerseys and bibs will be available to order right? i recall i voted/confirmed for that.

Keith A
05-21-2011, 01:35 PM
are you talking about samples?

but small jerseys and bibs will be available to order right? i recall i voted/confirmed for that.Correct...no smalls in the samples, but they will certainly be available for purchasing.

1happygirl
05-25-2011, 06:07 PM
Thanks Keith et. al.

BBD What's the status? Are we getting closer?

BumbleBeeDave
05-26-2011, 05:46 AM
. . . . final designs have Ben's approval and Jeanne is sending final renderings to Verge. They send art proofs to me, which I sign off on, then they put the order page up and away we go.

Not sure how long the above takes, though. do they send me PDF proofs or hard copy? How many days to turn that around into an online order page? Not quite sure but I will call Kurt over there today and ask.

BBD

Idris Icabod
05-26-2011, 10:14 AM
. . . . final designs have Ben's approval and Jeanne is sending final renderings to Verge. They send art proofs to me, which I sign off on, then they put the order page up and away we go.

Not sure how long the above takes, though. do they send me PDF proofs or hard copy? How many days to turn that around into an online order page? Not quite sure but I will call Kurt over there today and ask.

BBD

When I have done this with Voler they send hard proofs on paper so you can get an accurate look at colours rather than having faith in your computer monitor. The paper we got last time was huge as it is the template they use with seam material attached. This last time was a work charity event so we got kits for the Global and US management and some of those guys maxed out the number of X's before the L, way too much lycra for one man to wear!

sc53
05-30-2011, 09:42 AM
Keith and Bruce--I just discovered that a Pearl Izumi Elite jersey in Men's Large fits me perfectly! I always thought this was a women's jersey but it turns out it's a men's. Based on Keith's measurements posted above, I would fall between a Medium Sport and a Large Race cut. But in both cases, the "bottom" measurement is way too small. My PI Elite jersey measures 19" on the bottom. Where did you take the bottom measurement, Keith? Maybe I'm measuring the wrong thing. I kind of think this will be a critical measurement for women since the bottom of the jersey cuts right along the upper hips/belly! I've been losing weight but still I think a 4" difference in the Verge jersey vs. the PI elite will be critical!