PDA

View Full Version : Awesome, Ben Serotta, Just Awesome!

Wanker
02-07-2004, 07:57 PM
Just got back from an incredible ride on my Hors Catagorie and boy oh boy what a ride!!! Ben, you put a big smile on my face everytime I get on that Hors Cat! The more I ride this bike, the more I like it!! A great, great cruiser.

It's suppose to be a very nice week of weather in these parts over the next few days - sunny and mid fiftys! Daffodills are two inches tall! Spring is just around the corner. Prospects for riding in the immediate future are very good!

wanker:hello: :hello: :hello: :hello:

Serotta PETE
02-07-2004, 08:36 PM
Hope you have lots of room....The gang from North East are heading your way. PETE

BumbleBeeDave
02-07-2004, 09:33 PM
. . . was that a RIGHT at Eugene or a LEFT at Beaverton . . . ?

BBDave

Smiley
02-08-2004, 09:38 AM
is this Hor's new to you or have you had it for awhile. I still don't know why this bike was never well recieved by the general public. A great bike and I await Dave N. review of his road machine.

Wanker
02-08-2004, 09:36 PM
I bought my Hors Catagorie in January of 2001, and have enjoyed every minute of it. I've probably put about 12000 miles on it. I've got a couple of lugged steel bikes I like to ride as well.

Me thinks that the general cycling public thought the DKS rear end is odd looking. Unbelievable, but true. I happen to like the looks of the H C ass end. Very sexy curves, ya know? Guess you can call me an assman. Some call me a jackass. Whatever...

In a way it is too bad that Serotta doesn't make the Hors Catagorie anymore. I've got mine. It really does give a great ride. Responsive, smooth, and rock solid steady. As far as climbing is concerned, the vast majority of recreational cyclists out there wouldn't feel much loss of power in the Hors Cat as compared to many other frames (love that broad sweeping generalization!). I know I can ride faster up a hill on a Ottrott; but big deal. The Hors Cat is plenty responsive on climbs. I'd still choose the Hors Catagorie over the Ottrott ST any day of the week and twice on Sundays; the Hors just plain suits my style of riding. -- The Ottrott ST is a very sexy looking bike; to me the Hors Cat is sexier! Hey, there's an ass for every saddle!

My current lust is for a certain green '83 Richard Sachs with all Super Record group. This particular green RS would fit me to a Tee. It needs to be polished and ridden regularly on sunny Sundays.

:)

wanker