PDA

View Full Version : Campy mini group PSA $200

dbh
05-14-2011, 01:48 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/CAMPY-CENTAUR-RECORD-10-SPEED-GROUP-LESS-ERGO-LEVERS-BB-/330564504544?_trksid=p4340.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUCI%2 52BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D10%26pmod%3D 230607241725%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D91505675575682632 51

Campy Record alloy cranks, centaur fd and rd, and centaur brakes for $200. Yes please.

ultraman6970
05-14-2011, 03:56 PM
The only problem is the seller.

FixedNotBroken
05-14-2011, 04:04 PM
How? Good feedback..lots of transactions

leooooo
05-14-2011, 04:10 PM
The only problem is the seller.

From my experiences the seller is just as good/satisfactory/excellent/bad as the sellers on this very forum.

I pay, they ship what I pay for.

kramnnim
05-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Out of curiosity, I Binged it and found this thread- http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=260795

binxnyrwarrsoul
05-14-2011, 04:43 PM
I don't think any fleabay seller touches the sellers here, but I guess I've dealt with too many D-bag sellers on fleabay, and too many great sellers on this forum.From my experiences the seller is just as good/satisfactory/excellent/bad as the sellers on this very forum.

FixedNotBroken
05-14-2011, 04:46 PM
From my experiences the seller is just as good/satisfactory/excellent/bad as the sellers on this very forum.

You can't even compare eBay to this forum..sorry

ultraman6970
05-14-2011, 05:14 PM
There was a thread even in this forum about the seller and he really sux.

Bought a 250 bucks campagnolo flat bar brifters from them. After 3 days one of the levers broke . Tried to contact them, nothing. Called one of the campagnolo contacts here in the states so they could explain me what to do. Well this suckers needed to call to campagnolo to ask for a rma number so i could send the broken shifters to NC to get it fixed, something so simple as a darn phone call. They refused to call or do anything about it, lucky for me the guys from NC helped me and thanks god their cheap a$$ ebay receipt was enough for them. The only thing i got from them was a poor email saying that i was f.. up and that was not their problem.

If you read their feedback in ebay a lot of stuff going on, they sell so much that one or 2 problems is just nothing. If you guys look in different forums you guys will find more people that recieved broken items, stuff wrong, used stuff instead of new and really weird stuff. Thats why i mentioned about the picture, is so simple to take a picture of hte stuff you are selling sometimes, specially to show the condition of the stuff you sell, in this case i would not even dare to buy that because after what happen to me or i have read here and there it would not surprise me that is junk they found somewhere or the some item has some issues.

Velomine, good people.
There is a guy in texas also... profesional cycling discount i believe is his store, that guy rocks also.
Italtecno, so so, they are responsible but if you dont get your stuff in 4 weeks is because probably they sent it to europe by mistake (happened twice with them) and did not tell me until i called them, the good news is that i got my item and some extra freebies as well. So i can't complain.

Well good luck

binxnyrwarrsoul
05-14-2011, 05:31 PM
True 'dat!!You can't even compare eBay to this forum..sorry

leooooo
05-14-2011, 09:18 PM
Who was comparing Ebay to this forum?

Was just stating my experiences with that particular seller.
I paid for my items and I got my items.

It's like every transaction I had here, save for one (Ryun), who went above and beyond.

DRietz
05-14-2011, 09:32 PM
Ultraman - I fail to see how it was the seller's fault that you broke your shifter. The way I interpret your tonality within your post is that you're trying to make the seller seem crappy, when really, they had nothing at all to do with the fact your product broke.

And, I can compare eBay to this forum quite easily. I know all of you guys are "loyal" and super enthusiastic about this here forum, and while it is nice, it's not like it's the utopia of the internet. There are many amazing sellers on eBay, and many amazing sellers here.

Jus' saying. I'll get flamed, but I'm just being honest.

Mike748
05-14-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm with Ultraman. Had one purchase from this icycle and it was unhappy. Zero customer service, won't every buy from them again. Procycling/bayareavelo/highonbikes (uk)/bikewagon all excellent. Similar soso experience with italtecno.

I like this part:
"Budget minded people tend to run Shimano compatible wheels and a Sram cassette which will work perfectly fine."

ultraman6970
05-15-2011, 12:48 AM
I wish it was my fault because of negligence, but no, the darn shift lever simply stopped working. It sucks because you are going to shift and u hear a click and the lever does not work no more. I bet you would be pissed off if your ergos or shimano levers stop shifting w/o any reason after 3 days. It sucks and it sucks even more when the seller refuse to make a miserable phone call so campagnolo (in my case) would be able to look at the lever and replace it...

here u have some more but for sure are more moving around...

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php/548582-Beware-of-ICYCLESUSA.com-Very-Shady-Company?highlight=Icyclesusa

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php/682736-Missing-part-Icyclesusa.com-Screwjob?highlight=Icyclesusa

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=72368&highlight=Icyclesusa

Nites!

Ultraman - I fail to see how it was the seller's fault that you broke your shifter. The way I interpret your tonality within your post is that you're trying to make the seller seem crappy, when really, they had nothing at all to do with the fact your product broke.

And, I can compare eBay to this forum quite easily. I know all of you guys are "loyal" and super enthusiastic about this here forum, and while it is nice, it's not like it's the utopia of the internet. There are many amazing sellers on eBay, and many amazing sellers here.

dbh
05-22-2011, 10:21 PM
Got the group in the mail a few days ago. Exactly as described. Can't speak for OP's experience with Icycle, but no problems with my transaction.

thegunner
05-22-2011, 10:36 PM

from what i got from his post, they refused to handle the RMA for his broken shifter. that's just poor CS because that IS their fault. he's not angry that it broke, he's annoyed they didn't rectify the problem with campagnolo.

as for ebay vs. the forums - there have been a host of guys who have gone above and beyond when it came to stuff that either 1. i was looking for or 2. i needed help with. i've never had that experience on ebay... have you? :rolleyes:

FixedNotBroken
05-22-2011, 10:41 PM
from what i got from his post, they refused to handle the RMA for his broken shifter. that's just poor CS because that IS their fault. he's not angry that it broke, he's annoyed they didn't rectify the problem with campagnolo.

as for ebay vs. the forums - there have been a host of guys who have gone above and beyond when it came to stuff that either 1. i was looking for or 2. i needed help with. i've never had that experience on ebay... have you? :rolleyes:

Thank you for this comment..you can't compare eBay to this forum whatsoever. Yes they are similar in the sense that you can purchase items but that's about it. I haven't been a member for very long (almost 6 months) and it's been extremely helpful. I don't always post replies on discussion threads but I have learned a lot from many here. To be honest with you, when I get on my laptop, this is one of the sites I ALWAYS pull up first to check and it's been a blessing due to the knowledge that is shared, parts that were shared/passed on, and the friendly, accepting community I have seen.

weiwentg
05-23-2011, 06:27 PM
I've bought from Icycles before and never had a problem. Of course, the rude treatment of their customers is inexcusable. Clearly, they're a deep discount shop, but not wanting to handle warranty for customers is odd - how else are they going to get warrantied? I would not say they're a scam, unlike some posters on other threads.

ultraman6970
05-23-2011, 07:14 PM
In my personal case i'm not saying they are there to scam people but their CS just simply sucks.