PDA

View Full Version : Assos membership

jpw
05-12-2011, 12:15 PM
http://www.equipecampionissimo.com/en/32/membership.aspx

One of the requirements a prospective member must agree to;

"...I will always be dressed properly - color co-ordinated, neat and tidy and obviously ALWAYS in ASSOS..."

:)

goonster
05-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Surely that is a Swiss attempt at humor . . . :cool:

CNY rider
05-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Please please please tell me this is just a joke. :confused:

jpw
05-12-2011, 12:32 PM

No joking,..... this is Switzerland :rolleyes:

fiamme red
05-12-2011, 12:33 PM
Well, I'm respectful and helpful to my fellow riders, even if they do wear ASSOS. :rolleyes:

russ46
05-12-2011, 03:31 PM
If one were to wear Assos bibs and "no name" jerseys, would one be considered a "Half Breed" or a "Half Assos"?

jpw
05-12-2011, 03:36 PM
If one were to wear Assos bibs and "no name" jerseys, would one be considered a "Half Breed" or a "Half Assos"?

Assos would probably consider that to be the back end of a pantomime horse and refuse the application of such an animal.

dave thompson
05-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Membership to a clothing company? How Rapha-esque. And weak.

I Want Sachs?
05-12-2011, 03:58 PM
We get to be Serotta Forum members for free. Mo better than Assos!

mgm777
05-12-2011, 04:40 PM
I like and own their clothing, but do admit that the image of a group of skinny, lycra clad, roadies wearing matching mono-chromatic outfits, brings me back to my adolescence watching reruns of Captain Kirk's escapades on the bridge of the USS Enterprise.

rice rocket
05-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Selective reading/quoting!

Please read the following "conditions" with a sense of humour. éC is NOT a "serious business". What we ARE serious about is creating rich, shared experiences with intelligence, joy & laughs. Enrich your assosnatic life by connecting with like minds, worldwide.

GuyGadois
05-12-2011, 05:46 PM

Maybe "Half Ass"?

Gadois

John H.
05-12-2011, 06:40 PM
I am not really into sporting that whole "costume look" but their gear is nice.
Have you seen any of their Fall 2011 winter and foul weather gear? Out of this world (prices too) but some of the 1st stuff that I have seen where a company is thinking about head to toe stuff that performs when it is cold and wet. Looks good too.

jpw
05-13-2011, 03:03 AM
I am not really into sporting that whole "costume look" but their gear is nice.
Have you seen any of their Fall 2011 winter and foul weather gear? Out of this world (prices too) but some of the 1st stuff that I have seen where a company is thinking about head to toe stuff that performs when it is cold and wet. Looks good too.

Where have you seen the Fall 2011 range? I've been looking but haven't come across any previews yet anywhere.

rwsaunders
05-13-2011, 06:42 AM

From the first page..."Please read the following "conditions" with a sense of humour. éC is NOT a "serious business". What we ARE serious about is creating rich, shared experiences with intelligence, joy & laughs. Enrich your assosnatic life by connecting with like minds, worldwide."

Now if the Assos girl is making me pledge allegiance....

regularguy412
05-13-2011, 06:52 AM

Truly. You've been waiting years to use this one. No?

:hello: :D

Mike in AR:beer:

godfrey1112000
05-13-2011, 07:29 AM
From the first page..."Please read the following "conditions" with a sense of humour. éC is NOT a "serious business". What we ARE serious about is creating rich, shared experiences with intelligence, joy & laughs. Enrich your assosnatic life by connecting with like minds, worldwide."

Now if the Assos girl is making me pledge allegiance....

I think the page was designed on April 1 or the Fed QE2 has created too much money in the system and inflation has exploded with the Swiss

whforrest
05-13-2011, 12:05 PM
loving the assos jokes...................however their gear continues to impress me. the jerseys for the bike club are nicely designed and if i didn't have a family to support i would have joined last year.

i am still riding several assos items that i paid for years ago.

to me it's no different than purchasing a serotta.

go for the highest quality and it will last many years. i don't get to ride enough, but when i do there is nothing like riding my ottrott and assos gear.

i would love it if serotta had assos do another round of serotta gear.

dsb
05-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Just another data point ...

The stuff crashes well...

Last summer I had two bad crashes. One shredded a non Assos jersey but the Assos base layer was unharmed. The second crash ground a dime sized whole in the hip of a pair of uno bibs. I sent the bibs to Assos for repair, they said it would be cheaper to replace them and sold me a new pair for $65(usd) as a way of 'crash replacement'...

InspectorGadget
05-13-2011, 06:39 PM
I sent the bibs to Assos for repair, they said it would be cheaper to replace them and sold me a new pair for $65(usd) as a way of 'crash replacement'...
Crash replacement for clothing? That is impressive and something I never would have expected.

I love my Assos bib tights.

russ46
05-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Confession time! The half Assos be me. I have 2 pair of the cheaper Assos bibs I bought from the UK. They are a great product!

jpw
05-14-2011, 04:02 AM
For Assos fans.

I've just seen a selection of the Assos Fall Winter Range 2011/ 2012. It's looks like the first major design overhaul of cold and wet weather items for some time.

ClimaJet and Luftschutz become the SturmPrinz and ClimaSchutz.

Intermediate Evo and Air Jack 851 become the Tibura and Bonka.

There's the SturmNess, a waisted 3/4 outer knickers piece for rain riding.

Fugu bib tights.

New arm and leg warmer designs (more anatomically shaped).

Lots of new hats, and gloves, and several new and very improved overshoes with uber wet weather seals.