PDA

View Full Version : Calling in Well

Too Tall
06-14-2005, 07:49 AM
Ever have one of those days?
Had it up to THERE?
Work won't miss you for a day.

WELL, it's one of those days lads and lassies. Me n' Queen is off for a lark on the tandem. First time on the long bike in 8 months. Life is grand.

What's that? Did I hear you cough? You look a little pale my friend, maybe you should take a day off ;)

Spectrum Bob
06-14-2005, 07:59 AM
Have fun you two!
I just sent an e-mail to Luna telling her we need to do the same thing real soon.
I feel so inspired.
Thanks Tall Guy

Sandy
06-14-2005, 08:05 AM
I'll tell your boss! :)

Management Mirman

RABikes2
06-14-2005, 08:08 AM
Too Tall! Queen!

I love mental health days; they're good for the soul! Have a wonderful time together and enjoy the ride!

You go kids! :banana:

RA :D

Kevan
06-14-2005, 08:09 AM
to have a Louie Larry Lumpin day.

Maybe when the weather takes a slight chill.

Sandy
06-14-2005, 08:13 AM
Maybe you and I can share one of our special rides together. What do you think??? Today? Tomorrow?

Getting the Tandem Ready,

Captain Sandy

pbbob
06-14-2005, 08:28 AM
enjoy the heat and humidity! about 94 of each today. a bad day on the bike is better than any day at work.

Spectrum Bob
06-14-2005, 08:40 AM
Too Tall

The response back from Luna was positive. She even asked if we should try a tandem again. Any thoughts on where we might go to try to test ride one? It has probably been 10 years since we last tried.

Spectrum Bob

Ray
06-14-2005, 09:02 AM
Ever have one of those days?
Had it up to THERE?
Work won't miss you for a day.

WELL, it's one of those days lads and lassies. Me n' Queen is off for a lark on the tandem. First time on the long bike in 8 months. Life is grand.

What's that? Did I hear you cough? You look a little pale my friend, maybe you should take a day off ;)
Called in well a little over two months ago. I'm still not feeling bad enough to go back. Probably been riding a bit too much though. I'm taking a chunk of this heat wave off to let the legs and everything else rest and recover a bit. I rode the fixie around town already this morning doing a few errands. Too freaking hot for any long rides today.

-Ray

weisan
06-14-2005, 09:54 AM
Awesome move! Cheers to Tall-pal and the Queen.

My relatively new boss (less than a year) was quickly educated about such things as I would often walk up to him and unceremoniously announce that tomorrow seems like a good day for "power-recharge" as the weatherman reported zero % chance of rain and the temps would remain within palatable levels (80s). He's real nice and could appreciate the benefit of "checkout-days" as I would return often fully refreshed, ready to take on the world and my productivity level would shoot off the roof. :D

keno
06-14-2005, 10:11 AM
it's clowns like you who put your life first and the economy second. Are you a patriot or what? Act like one. Wait, you work for the government. Hmmmm, you take a day off and the government works a little more slowly, less spending, lower taxes. I love you.

keno