PDA

View Full Version : Need help identifying an old Serotta!

budenz24
05-11-2011, 05:07 PM
My brother just bought for me (obstensibly, since he still has possesion, and is talking about building it up as his roadie...) an older Nova Special X. The serial number stamped into the bottom bracket is: 70814

SEROTTA PETE, PLEASE HELP! Please tell me what the bible says!

parris
05-11-2011, 07:27 PM
It looks like your frame was built in 1987 August 14th frame that month. I have an 84 Club Special and during that general time frame the numbers were year, month, and how many frames that month. If I'm in error I apologize. Post some photos. What color and size is it?

jeo99
05-11-2011, 09:25 PM
It looks like your frame was built in 1987 August 14th frame that month. I have an 84 Club Special and during that general time frame the numbers were year, month, and how many frames that month. If I'm in error I apologize. Post some photos. What color and size is it?

Parris, I think you are right on!

:beer:

budenz24
05-12-2011, 06:44 AM
I have not seen or touched this frame yet, but my brother tells me that it's a 63cm, blue-to-white (or was it red-to-white?) fade paint job, in fairly good overall condition, with minor rust in the usual places, ie: chainstay, brake cable guides on the top tube, etc.

Paid $400 for the frameset w/ Dura-Ace headset and 3-peice BB. As soon as my brother takes some decent pix I'll put them up. The 3 blurry, uncentered pix that were posted on Craigslist are now gone; the seller deleted the posting.

buck-50
05-12-2011, 08:12 AM
I've got an NHX and it's the best riding frame I've ever had- hope it works for you!