PDA

View Full Version : Campy and wheel compatibility

thenewguy11
05-10-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm sure this has been addressed before, but here goes. I'm thinking of going with Campy Record 11 for a new build. However, all my wheelsets, including a sweet new set of Zipp 404 FC's are Shimano/SRAM. So my question is, how difficult is it or is it even possible to change out the freehub body to accomodate a Campy cassette? Any other options?

If there isn't a workaround, I'll probably stick with Red or Dura Ace, but figured I'd ask before deciding. Thanks.

ultraman6970
05-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Call zip and ask them for the freehub body for campagnolo 11. Have no idea how much it could be or if its available for the zip wheel u have.

As for the other wheels u have is the same thing, as for changing the freehub body itself i doubt it is too hard, new hubs are piece of cake, just take the axle or semi axles out or maybe 1 side (have no idea what u have in there), take the freehub body out, put the new one in, put the other parts back in, done. Is not hard to do anyways.

But clearly the 1st thing is to find out if the part is available.

ThasFACE
05-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Depends on which hubs you have. Some, like dt240's, are very very easy to switch over and require no re-dish. Others, like WI H2's, are easy to switch but require a wheel re-dish. So, basically, it depends.

oldpotatoe
05-11-2011, 09:02 AM
I'm sure this has been addressed before, but here goes. I'm thinking of going with Campy Record 11 for a new build. However, all my wheelsets, including a sweet new set of Zipp 404 FC's are Shimano/SRAM. So my question is, how difficult is it or is it even possible to change out the freehub body to accomodate a Campy cassette? Any other options?

If there isn't a workaround, I'll probably stick with Red or Dura Ace, but figured I'd ask before deciding. Thanks.

Freehub, as has been mentioned or a Wheels manufacturing 11s cogset, made for shimano freehubs...better than going DA, IMHO, much better than looking at Red.